3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

One reason you would buy another Dodge.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it comes to trucks:
1. We would never by a Ford
2. Chevy's cost too much
3. Over 60% of the travel trailers my wife & I saw were pulled by a RAM CTD

Like other's have said, if it weren't for the CTD I wouldn't have bought it - at least bought it new.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM

I really like the truck. Quad cab is perfect size, it's like a supercab with crew cab doors, I hate supercab's doors.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Aside from all of the aforementioned reasons, SAFETY. I was the victim in a pretty nasty wreck. The front got hit twice, the rear once including the initial head on at 45mph. When the smoke cleared and the squealing stopped, I was alive and able to turn the truck off, unhook the seatbelt, and open the door to vent the smoke. In fact all of the EMS and Fire guys were commenting on how all of the doors opened without pulling hard despite the major damage to the truck. Two of the others cars needed to have sheetmetal cut away. I got a minor burn from the air bag and whiplash from the second frontal impact. I will have a quad-cab or better from here on out.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM

I'll use whatever reason I want. Cummins Turbo Diesel.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 AM

Cost/value/function.

Cash (sticker and maint/repair), reliability, simplicity above sophistication (fairly easy to work on, less things to break), function (work truck - beat the heck out of it and it comes back for more - tows like a freight train), spacious mega cab, intimidation of cars.... :-).
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 AM

I maintain that a Furd with an I-6 Cummins would be THE truck.

But I don't feel that the Dodge interior gives THAT much away. And my 2500 is going strong at 122K

Got this truck mainly based on it was what the dealer had that was closest to what we wanted. Had to have Long Bed, didn't really want 4WD

And I couldn't have gotten any better!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
12v reliability is why I bought mine.
I mean picked up this truck, my first cummins, with 355k.
who is crazy enough to do that?
someone who's seen them last past 900k.
This truck could quite possibly last me my whole lifetime,
I'd consider a 24v, but only for a race truck, not a daily driver.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM

I bought the Dodge for the Cummins, second to that is the Mega Cab.

I do wish Dodge would raise the GVWR (like Ferd)so more of the ones I see pulling could be technically legal. (they obviously can do it safely)

Strea
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 PM

I liked the redesign of the front clip on the '06. Considered a Mega but wanted the 8ft bed more. Solid front axle. Cummins is still the #1 reason I bought it though.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM

I dont care if GM or Ford trucks came with a Cummins, I wouldnt buy one. I absolutely hate Fords and GMs, from what Ive seen neither is worth my money. My dads 03 has been through some rough stuff with me drivin, and its never even hiccuped. I want a truck thats a TRUCK, not some IFS wannabe or something that would be in the shop all the time.

At work (Halliburton) almost all the trucks are Fords, and there isnt a single one that hasnt had some sort of injector issue, or headgaskets blown out, etc. Look at the trucks in the patch, everwhere you look theres a new 07 Dodge/Cummins running around. Zero 08 Chevys, maybe 2 08 Fords. the front suspension (and engine) in Fords are junk, the whole truck other than engine is junk in GM trucks and they wont take half what a Cummins will-cant even say Im really impressed with the Allison. Bottom line, my next truck will be a Dodge, the one after that will be a Dodge, and the ones after that will be Dodges. Used? Theyll all be Dodge/Cummins. I love the styling, I love the ride/handling, I love the interior. Honestly, there isnt much if anything Id change on it...

Wow, haha, that got long quick
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM

1.CTD

2.Free oil changes fot 1 year

3.Business link free loaner

4. Almost 10k off list and free Nerf bars

5. CTD

You cant take the CTD out of the picture. As non make their "own"
Ford - international

Chevt - Mainly Isuzu designed and built in their joint venture

Dodge - Cummins
Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM

Because I have always driven Dodges. If I were to buy something else and something went wrong like a bulb burn out I would be cursing it. Dodge as all the domestics are far from perfect. The biggest problem with them is the fact they do not stand behind there stuff good enough. The three of them could really take a lesson from Toyota in the customer satifaction area.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:36 PM

For me, it came down to price. I looked at all the big 3. Glad I didn't buy the Ford because the 6.0 was and still is a POS. The Chevy, equipped like my Dodge, and the dealer wanted $41k for that truck and would not go any lower than that. The Ford dealer wanted 38k for a similarly equipped truck, and I walked OUT THE DOOR in my dodge for $33.5k. All in all, it came down to cost, but I LOVE the CTD in it.
Scott
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 AM

I bought it for the motor obviously, but because of the price and my dealer. The dealer put me in a 6 month old low mileage truck for $13k less than the original sticker. The dealer offers spray in liners, bigger tires, gooseneck hitches, Sirius installs, tinting and best of all 1k leather seats instead of having to fork out over 3k for a Laramie. They were flexible and allowed me to truely build my own truck. The same truck in a GMC without the extras would of cost me 15k more. Easy decision. If you are in the SE buy from James O'Neal Dodge in West Georgia. If the truck does me well, then they will have a customer for life.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by louielouie
Like other's have said, if it weren't for the CTD I wouldn't have bought it - at least bought it new.

That is the ONLY reason I went with Dodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being honest though, I love everything about the exterior body now, it really grew on me. I really like the new bodies also, not that they are that different.

Quick Reply: One reason you would buy another Dodge.