3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Not just fish stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM
VPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not just fish stories

If any of you guys have read my last few post then you know that I have been fed up with my truck problems and the dealer around here.
Well my frustration finally got the better of me I went to trade trucks!!! Found a real nice f-250 Crew 4x4 lariet. Made a good deal and was thinking on it because I was leary of the 6.0. Dealer called and said take it home and drive it for a day. Told them I would have a trailer with me at the end of the day and did not want to leave it with them. They said just hooke it up and take it home you can try out the brake controller. Truck had over 500 on it so I did. droped the traile in the lot hooked the new 250 up to it and took it home. Truck pulled the 6500 lb box trailer very good. Dropped the trailer and ran the truck a 100 miles or so empty. Computer said about what mine says 17-18 mpg. Started crawling around the truck lookiing at the maintainence on it and noticed some oil hanging off the bell housing!!!. I wipe it off and assume that it is from assembly. This morining about 25 degrees truck starts great and goes to high idle. Every thing is normal during warm up. Get the truck to the main road and get on it look behind me and I look like James Bond laying down a smoke trail it is white and a lot of it. It coverd 4 lanes of traffic and stayed for a while 15-30 sec. Got some more at the redlights getting on the interstate. After 15 on the interstate no more problems. Parked the truck at work and was looking over it in the day light. I found low power sterring fluid but the bell housing leak did not show back up? needless to say I just took the truck back and said no thanks. They sent it to the service bay and said we will call when it is ready. If I want to purchase something that will go to the shop I will just keep my truck .
I will more probably get a diff truck, but this puts my problems in to perspective. Gonna take my current truck for the holidays and put about 5,000 more mile on it. When I get back I will look at getting a diff truck with an auto because I need to have a little knee surgery "AC L". Would like a crew but the dodge is not ruled out at this point.
Anyway if you see a maroon Dodge on the side of the road between Chattanooga Tn, Las Vegas NV then El Paso to home stop and say HI .
Just a rant Grass is not always greener glad it died before I took possession.

Tom