3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mudflaps and Wheel liners

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mudflaps and Wheel liners

Where is the best place to get these. My truck is coming in soon. Is the dealer a good place?, the only place?
Old 06-19-2003, 10:50 AM

Re:Mudflaps and Wheel liners

I got my flaps and wheel well liners from the dealer and had them do the installation before I picked up the truck. Your dealer should work with you on the price if they value your business. Just going from memory the list price on the flaps $38.00 per pair and the liners $90.00 per pair. My dealer gave me 20% off of list. I don't think you can find them any cheaper mail order if the dealer is willing to discount the parts for you.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:01 PM

brillmtb, Jonsey is right. I just had the mud flaps put on at the dealer. Front and back came out to 80 bucks and change. I also had them put on the fog lights. Total labor SIX HOURS , however, as I posted on another thread they are going to refund some of the labor. I must say that the dealer mud flaps work great in keeping the rocks off the body. I noticed a difference first time down my dirt road. Plus I think they look pretty sharp ;D<br>
Old 06-19-2003, 09:12 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

I understand mud flaps. The Mopar flaps work great on my truck. But can anybody explain what advantage wheel liners are? Just what do they do? Why are they necessary?
Old 06-19-2003, 09:18 PM

are these the molded flaps?
Old 06-19-2003, 09:22 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Mine are moulded with the rams head on them.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:28 PM

same here molded with ram's head
Old 06-20-2003, 12:37 AM

I purchased the wheel liners from the dealer. List price as I recall was $89.95. I got employee pricing as a consolation for the delay in delivery of my truck(it was tied up in the paint problem this spring). I believe it was $69.00 for the pair. <br><br>Installation was a breeze. Had to remove the partial liner which was held in by 2 or 3 screws. The full liner required the installation of 6 or 7 screws into prepunched holes.<br><br>I purchased Husky Liner mud guard locally from the dealer that installed my fifth wheel hitch. They were $29.95 per pair. They used some of the existing holes but, I had to drill a few pilot holes (one per as I recall).<br><br>I waited until the hitch was installed then install the liners and guards at the same time. This allowed the hitch installer full access to the frame.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too have wondered what the big deal is about the liners. Maybe it's been there and I just didn't notice it, but I don't recall ever having a truck with wheel well liners. ???
Old 06-20-2003, 08:04 AM

I purchased my mudflaps and wheelwell liners from the dealer also and installed them myself. I've encountered one small problem though; the rear wheelwell liners are 'noisy' (they kind of squeak/rattle) which is caused, I guess, by the liners rubbing against the truck bed. I believe this is because they are not secured at the top of the wheelwell, but only at the bottom and the middle. I think this loosness is resulting in my noise problem when driving, particularly at low speeds.<br><br>Any suggestions???
Old 06-20-2003, 09:03 AM

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=17;threadid=16082;start=0#151371 date=1056075121]
I understand mud flaps. The Mopar flaps work great on my truck. But can anybody explain what advantage wheel liners are? Just what do they do? Why are they necessary?
[/quote]

The rear wheel well liners were standard equipment until the 2002 model when they were deleted as another cost saving measure by the bean counters at DC.

The advantages of having them are mud and road debris does not get slung everywhere under the bed, you don't hear the rocks pinging off of the metal wheel wells, easy to wash and last but not least the cosmetics. They give the truck a more finished appearance. Just my $.02.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:20 PM

t6_man, I haven't installed the liners so I don't know if this would work, but usually if you put enough silicon on something it will stop ratteling. I don't know if that would work in this case, but I thought I would throw it out and see if it helps. <br> <br> <br> <br>
Old 06-22-2003, 09:11 AM

No rattling noises from the liners here. ;D
Old 06-23-2003, 10:10 PM

i have both on my 03.easy to install.take a look at the fuel tank filler neck.i had a big ol rock hit that the first week i had the truck.wheel well liners will save any damage inside now,+ i live on real muddy roads,and these now make it very simple to clean under there!i also have the mopar flaps,wish they were a little longer up front to help with rock chips and mud between door and rubber seal.maap challenger boards help alot now.

Quick Reply: Mudflaps and Wheel liners