3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Moving...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving...

...to the 3 Gen. forum, that is. Whooo Hoooo! I'm going to go pick up my 2004.5 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT HO 6 Speed on Friday!! After all my Internet searchng and contemplating, I decided to go with a new one. I think I made the right choice. I have to drive to Sacramento to get it (about 300 miles). It will be a great return trip! This is two "First's" for me. It will be my first 4x4 and my first Dually!
Old 06-24-2004, 04:37 AM

Take care of that axle and keep your speeds down for the first 500 miles. Take the back roads home and enjoy the scenery. Have fun.

Casey
Old 06-24-2004, 11:24 AM

Re: Moving...

Originally posted by Buzz
have to drive to Sacramento to get it (about 300 miles). It will be a great return trip! This is two "First's" for me. It will be my first 4x4 and my first Dually!
You COMING to Sacramento to get it? I'm planning on buying mine anywhere BUT here. Which dealership are you going through and what kind of deal are they giving you? The only one I would consider might be Swift, because they have a good reputation in the service department, but their sales department stinks. Anyways, congrats on the new truck! Oh hey, just a thought... since I'm in the Sacramento area, I'll offer you free delivery if you let me go get it for ya! I'm dyin to take a decent road trip in a 3G... or any truck for that matter... these CTD withdrawls suck!
Old 06-24-2004, 07:55 PM

Congrats on the truck dude! I know I love my 600.. Its SOOO SWEET to drive.
Scott
Old 06-25-2004, 08:59 PM

Just gor her home! Man, is she ever quiet...kind of sad. But I'll get used to it.I picked up the big girl in Davis, a suburb of Sacramento. So far, so good...I got between 15-16 mpg according to the overhead computer. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the 5th wheel hitch and get it installed, as well as the brake controller. We are leaving for Oregon next Wednesday so that only gives me a few days to tow the 5th wheel around here locally and try to get the recommended 500 miles in under 50 mph per owners manual. I don't think I'll make it but I should be able to get in a couple hudred miles or so. Does anyone know how critical the 500 miles at 50mph guideline is?? Color me...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:39 PM

Re: Re: Moving...

Originally posted by thejeepdude
You COMING to Sacramento to get it? I'm planning on buying mine anywhere BUT here. Which dealership are you going through and what kind of deal are they giving you? The only one I would consider might be Swift, because they have a good reputation in the service department, but their sales department stinks. Anyways, congrats on the new truck! Oh hey, just a thought... since I'm in the Sacramento area, I'll offer you free delivery if you let me go get it for ya! I'm dyin to take a decent road trip in a 3G... or any truck for that matter... these CTD withdrawls suck!
I got it over in Davis at Swift. They seem to be pretty competent. I've had no experience with their dservice department though. Sorry. I had to drive her home myself!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:15 PM

Jeepdude
You might want to stop by Hoblit Haynes in Woodland (just a few miles from Sac as I recall), talk to Grady Glyer, the fleet manager.
He knows the Dodge Cummins 600, no pressure and ordered me a dually at invoice, minus rebates. (He pulled up the invoice on the computer and showed me.... matched the notes I brought with me to a tee.)

I ended up with another truck closer to home & had to cancel the one he ordered about two weeks before delivery...( I was tracking it on Insight) He was disappointed but still remained polite.

I have no idea about their service dept., but I was very impressed with Grady. He kept his promises to me, including calling me perodically to update my orders progress & yet didn't give a hard time when I canceled on him.

However I'm not sure that he will ever let someone order a fully loaded dually again WITHOUT a deposit...appearently the ranchers in that area don't like to buy their dually's with anything extra other than floor mats!

Defdog2