3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Mirror Lighting Mod...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror Lighting Mod...

Experimenting with a set of 55 watt lights that plug into the lighter, I mounted them on the mirrors and then tried the bumpers (seperately) The flood light patten coming from the mirror is perfect for low speed (almost crawling) night manuevering.I've seen some off-road rigs with fenderwell mounts,but they would look a little hokey on our trucks and would be a pain to keep clean. Does anyone know if there is a 2 1/8" light that would fit in a single gauge pod ? It would be a experiment that I will try and send pic's with it mounted on the mirror assemblies. How much room is there inside the mirror housing in case I have to relieve some for a more flush fit ? One last question and I'll wait for some responses. Seeing how my truck does not have factory fogs , I would like to consider a lamp switch module to use the "pull for fog lamp" feature to bring on these lights,so how much does the switch cost ? This mod eliminates that dark zone at 8 to 11 & 1 to 4 o'clock,can't tell you how many limbs and holes i've turned into.
Thanks,
Mark