3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Member Needs Help with Paint Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Member Needs Help with Paint Issues!

D.C is trying to get out of painting my truck,this has been going on since March of 2003. I got several promise's from selling dealer to fix it and even got my letter from D.C advising me about primer contamination and that they extended the paint warranty to 10yrs or 160 000kms. Now after all this they call and leave a message on my answering machine stating that my truck is not one of the ones affected and that there will be NO repairing of the truck!

Anyone who has had there truck delayed,repainted,bought back,could you please post your year and color and what was done to rectify this problem !

As I am in Canada there is no lemon law to fall back on, this is going to go thru arbritation and would like to have as much information as possible!

Please help me keep this post at the top with as much usefull info as possible.
Your help in this matter is GREATLY APPRECIATED
thanx Mike Brooks
Old 10-28-2004, 07:26 PM

bad paint

hilclmr, DC will not buy back your truck for a bad paint job or repaint the whole truck. it's not a safety matter. the way DC looks at it is, fix the bad spot in paint,problem solved.
i had a 03 flame red with bad paint. was in paint shop three times and still had funny patterns in paint when i got rid of it.
look for funny patterns in the paint and clearcoat fogging like dead spots. anyway my dealer told me that i had a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty on my paint because it had a bad paint job
well i told him who in there right mind would pay $45,000 for a
truck that had bad paint that might be falling off it for the next 10 years, not me. so we traded on a 04 for $4,000 to boot, not bad sence i had drove my 03 for a year.
funny story in a way, on the 04 that i had ordered. ordered in may, built in june, shipped in july. somewhere from mexico to winstom salem nc it got wrecked. they shipped it back to texas for repairs. i was tracking it and talked to dc rep and he said if they couldn't fix it they would build another one just like it.
well in the meantime factory was building a 05 to replace the 04
i had ordered that got wrecked. well while the 05 was being built
the 04 showed up at my dealer. my dealer looked it over real close and seen it had been repainted. so he sent it back and i waited on the 05. good luck with your truck.

05,3500,4x4,6sp,white, laramie
Old 10-29-2004, 06:26 PM

You may find some useful info here:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=50307

I'm currently trying to get our paint spots fixed, but not having much luck with response from DC.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:15 PM

C'mon people I know for a fact that there has been lots of buy backs and repaints! post with a reply PLEASE1
Old 11-04-2004, 07:14 PM

I had dry spot on my hood. 01.5 silver. I took it to the dealership, they took the hood off, repainted it and gave me my truck back. No problems at all.