3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Major A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major A/C problems

When I turn on the a/c the blower sounds like it is blowing hard but not a lot of air coming through the vents. The driver side vents get cool but not cold, the passenger vents stay warm and the passenger vents barely have any air flow. I have gotten the a/c recharged recently but no change. Any suggestions? thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Almost sounds like your blend door and or Recirculate door is not opening or closing fully. I do not recall the 03's having any of the normal broken doors like the 06's but you may have an actuator issue.
Try removing the glove box or just possibly looking from underneath and see what happens as you move the switches for the vents.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 PM

I pulled the blower motor off and checked but the recirculating door is not broken. I believe the servo motor is bad because when I switched the door over to fresh air and back to recirculation the door did not move but I can hear the servo motor struggling, like its being bogged down. as for the rest of the door I dont see and movement in the actuating arms or anything
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Every door on my '03 was broken. Talk about aggrivating . The last straw was when the recirc door broke off and covered the fan motor. Tore it down and replaced with the Heater Treaters . I checked all of the actuators to ensure proper function and all worked well. That sucker will freeze me out of the cab now. Sounds like the OP will wind up doing the same R&R to remedy the problem.......Chryslers Problem!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson
Every door on my '03 was broken. Talk about aggrivating . The last straw was when the recirc door broke off and covered the fan motor. Tore it down and replaced with the Heater Treaters . I checked all of the actuators to ensure proper function and all worked well. That sucker will freeze me out of the cab now. Sounds like the OP will wind up doing the same R&R to remedy the problem.......Chryslers Problem!!!!!!
I ordered all 4 of the Heater Treater doors, hope that fixes the problem...Could you recomend any instructions or web sight with write up's that could help with the dash tear down. I have read that it is a hassle...thank you
Old 06-01-2012, 04:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I've had mine out. Time consuming, but not particularly difficult.

This thread may be helpful.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ved+understood
Old 06-03-2012, 12:55 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Mine came with some vague instruction pages....not the best, but they were more helpful than nothing at all. It's really quite straight-forward if you take your time. The hardest part for me was getting the a/c connections loose at the firewall (engine compartment)....those darn things had me spittin out some very colorful language that I'm sure some of my neighbors heard .