3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

"Lampout" light and alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anybody been able to disable this anoying lamp out light system. I would like to install led's in all of my lights but can't because of the lamp out system. It would stay on all the time. I could buy resistors to combat the problem but then it is pointless to put led's in if they use the same power as normal bulbs..
Old 07-27-2005, 11:13 AM

it is not the bulbs, it is your circuit board, where the bulbs fit into.
i just went through this and i had to replace the circuit board and every thing is fine.
i also had this problem on one of my chevy's , it is a common problem with most trucks and cars using a circuit board in the tail lights.
it is not exspensive, and might be covered under your warrenty, if you still have some left.
anyway, replace the board , as you won't have a turn signal or stop light when the lamp out is lit on your dash, and could cause a problem with other drivers.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM

That is what others have said but after replacing the bulbs mine is fine
Old 07-27-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well my "lamp out" light has been on now for over 3 weeks. Still no bulbs out that I can find, every light that I know of still works. Just waiting for something to actually stop working.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 PM

All my lights still worked.....none were out.........I was told from the vibration and bumps that if the elements touched............they are all dual elements..........that it would short out and cause the lamp out indiacator. I am not sure if this is true but I know none of my lamps were out and I replaced all bulbs and lamp out is gone.

JIM
Old 07-30-2005, 09:37 PM

My lamp out warning light and chime came on about a week ago. Three of the brake light bulbs went out. Luckily it was just before I brought it in for the 60k service. Dealer replaced all four bulbs no charge. But then again, it wasn't a cheap service...
TP
Old 08-02-2005, 08:16 PM

change the board and the problem will go away.
the filements in a bulb won't touch, and if they do, it's because the bulb is burned out!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by GreenZ
Anyone now if the rear light pops out after the 2 screws next to the tailgate are removed? I could not get my lights to come out after removing the 2 screws. Maybe I need more persuasion or a Ford wrench?
Anyone know the answer to this question?

I took out the 2 screws, inside the bed, but I can't get the light to come out?? Do I need to pull harder or are there more screws that I can't see?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 AM

it should be just the two screws holding it in... I struggled with my headlight the first time and was afraid of breaking it but the second time it just popped out. Just give it another shot and a good tug it should come out!!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:54 PM

Man! I hadn't heard anything about this before today. Mine just started doing it too. I was about to just start tearing things up to find that darn chime. It just startles you when it comes on for no reason!
Are these two screws beside or behind the taillight?

Also, anyone have the part number for the boards for an 03?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well mine is still on and not lights out(almost 2 months). When a light stops working I will fix the light, until then I just ignore it. At least it has stopped chiming while I am driving.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:10 AM

I had to apply a lot of pressure after removing the two screws but it finally came out with enough force.

It wasn't the filiments inside the bulb on mine. The slot part of the bulb looked defective to me. A dollar bulb fixed it.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Also, anyone have the part number for the boards for an 03?
Digging up an old one from the grave...

Is there a part number for this circuit board? I know that if I go to my dealer, when I tell them I need a certain part without providing the part #, I usually get this:
Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 AM

Had same problem with mine. would chime run check bulbs nothing all were working. Then took both rear lights out and check bulbs and sockets REAL close and noticed at the base of one bulb the wire was melting into the plastic base of bulb and must have been breaking contact intermitantly. Changed bulb and used some emery cloth on tab in board and all good for months now.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Unhappy Lamp Out Alarm

Good Day Every one:
My left license plate light socket became corroded and the alarm and light come on. In trying to find a replacement socket found out only a dealer item. Went there and they will only sell the entire lamp, len's & all for $52. Does anyone know how to turn off the Light Out alarm/chime.

Thanks
Iguide/Wayne

Quick Reply: "Lampout" light and alarm?