3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

KZ L?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KZ L?!?!

Maybe Luke S could shed some light on something for me. Why would my truck still be in KZ L status since the 5th of Dec? The truck was built in St Louis last week, and when the dealer checked status on 12/5, it showed status KZ L with an estimated ship date of 12/4. The truck still has not arrived as of 12/12, and still shows KZ L on dealerconnect. Does that mean the truck has not yet left St Louis, or is it still on the train between SL and Belvedere (which is the destination for it to be picked up by truck and brought to the dealer in WI). Your professional insight is greatly appreciated. ;D
Old 12-13-2002, 10:07 AM

Re:KZ L?!?!

Maybe this will help you out..... this link also gives you the number to call and check on the vehicle yourself... http://www.dodgeram.org/buying_info/Order_status.htm
Old 12-13-2002, 10:12 AM

Well as Carhart's link pointed out KZ L means released but not shipped. I was told the trucking company laid a bunch of guys off because of the slow down in vehicles being shipped which could result in your truck sitting for awhile before they load it up to take it to the railyard. Or for some reason the Christmas break could be effecting it. Also I would not trust dealerconnect. I don't care for the system, it is slow and usually several days behind. I would recommend calling the hotline.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:30 AM

Yeah - I'm with Luke. Don't count too much on the info from the Hot Line or the Dealer. In my case, the system was 10 days behind! <br><br>All of a sudden, BOOM, my truck seemed to drop in out of nowhere when I least expected it. Course, I ain't complaining. Took 65 days from the day I ordered to the day I drove it off the lot.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill <br><br>
Old 12-14-2002, 06:11 AM

Utah,<br> As of today, 70 days and still counting :'( Hotline says its still in Tampa while the dealer says its in Veracruz :P<br> The Grinch is trying to steal Christmas <br><br>The Boss Hog<br>truckless in Florida
Old 12-14-2002, 06:57 AM

Boss<br><br>This is getting to the point of almost ridiculous isn't it? I am amazed at the trek Smoke is taking!<br><br>But, soon she will be in your drive with a big smile!<br><br>I bet you get her this week<br><br>Hoping for Smoke Hunter
Old 12-14-2002, 09:36 AM

Hunter,<br> It is worse than you imagine! To make a long story short, the dealership lost their five-star rating as of this past week so last night I walked in and politely asked to see the &quot;Five Star Coordinator&quot;. After a short pause the guy asked if I was from Chrysler. I said &quot;no&quot;. He then took me to a guy who turned out to be the Sale manager and told him what I wanted. The guy looked at me and said &quot;Reguarding what?&quot; I quietly but directly said &quot;Reguarding why should I remain your customer.&quot; After a short double take, the guy said &quot;good answer&quot;. He then proceeded to relate the problems they had had and what they were doing to fix them. To his credit he seamed to be quite honest and did not try to hide or minimize the problems. He told me by name who had gotten canned and why. He also said he would be working with me instead of the saleman and was taking action to get my truck asap. Only time will tell if he was being straight with me.<br>Latter,<br>The Boss Hog<br>still hoping for a smokey Christmas<br>