3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

IPod connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPod connection

Im looking for an IPod connection for my 05. I was wanting to use the stock radio, but it doesnt look like that is an option without using the RF modulator which is crap. I was wondering what most people suggest for IPod compatible head units, or if there are actually other ways to connect the IPod to my factory head unit.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Try http://store.monstercable.com/icruze/. I have not looked for our trucks, as mine has an Aux port.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:45 PM

Ipod???????????????????

Aggie06, Don't know about connecting to your existing factory head unit?
At Christmas we put Alpine7856 head units in my two son's trucks,got the ipod cable to go with it and routed it to the glove boxes. This head unit came highky recommended!! They (my Son's) love them! Got a Ipod and I'm planning when money permits to put a Alpine 7856 in my truck. Son's trying to bring the ole man up to date. Hope this helps you,look on E-bay and get a reasonable price!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 PM

I also used an Alpine head unit with cable ran to glove box and love it. The FM modulator sounded like crap.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM

Dodge Trucker, You are so right! Ole Dad here is having to use the FM Modulator for the time being? No green you know!! However the ear phones are better than the edit Fm modulator! Got to love the new technology!

Forum Rules

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-14-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: word filter by-pass
Old 02-13-2007, 05:43 PM

I'm not that knowledgable, but my son has the product made by Belkin that plugs into the bottom of the I-pod. It lets you play through an FM station that you tune into, and it sounds great. (Is that what you are talking about?) His is a great product, and the sound is excellent.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have the factory stereo with the indash 6 disc changer.The FM modulator is your only option.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:05 PM

i have an 05 and i have a fm transmitter that plugs right into the cigerette lighter makes it easy to change the songs while driving. if you go to www.everythingipod.com look for a DLO transpod this will allow you to place the ipod right by the autoshifter. transmittes really well if you want pm me and i'll get you a picture of the setup
Old 02-14-2007, 01:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aggie06
Im looking for an IPod connection for my 05. I was wanting to use the stock radio, but it doesnt look like that is an option without using the RF modulator which is crap. I was wondering what most people suggest for IPod compatible head units, or if there are actually other ways to connect the IPod to my factory head unit.

Originally Posted by Dodge Trucker
I also used an Alpine head unit with cable ran to glove box and love it. The FM modulator sounded like crap.

Aggie....Do you have a Car Toys near you in College Station?? You might try looking at the Alpine 9856. That is the same unit Big Blue has.....and now me. I love it. Car Toys does free install too on systems over $200.00. You will need to buy the cord and adapter plate...but I think I was out the door for like $230.00 or so. (not counting the IPOD)

http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p...WMA_DReceiver/

Like Dodge Trucker.....I ran the cord and Ipod into my glove box.
Very nice having (currently) 3700 songs at my fingertips!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:43 AM

In my 05 with the in dash 6 disc radio I use the Mopar Ipod adapter #82209616AC. Works through the stereo and you can control it with the steering wheel controls. So you have more options than the FM modulator.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:36 AM

Aggie....Do you have a Car Toys near you in College Station?? You might try looking at the Alpine 9856. That is the same unit Big Blue has.....and now me. I love it. Car Toys does free install too on systems over $200.00. You will need to buy the cord and adapter plate...but I think I was out the door for like $230.00 or so. (not counting the IPOD) Sorry my Bad when I posted I said 7856 when I should have said 9856. Thanks for TexasCTD posting right model#
Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by bumpytruck
If you have the factory stereo with the indash 6 disc changer.The FM modulator is your only option.
No it's not.. there is a factory unit they sell now for adding an ipod... Let me find a link.

EDIT: Chromegrill already answered it...

Hub
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 AM

Here's an article about installing the "aux" input in you factory stereo.

http://www.mattgilbert.net/carstereoauxinput/
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess its been a couple of months since I rechecked,I kinda figured it was only a matter of time until they came up with something.I have modulators now and don't use my ipod in the truck,because they are not very good. Every time I thought I found a hardwire unit,the fine print stated it will not work with the 6 disc indash stereo I personelly have zero interest in a aftermarket stereo system .Please post a link.to the hardwire unit. Thanks Joe
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 AM

I have had the Mopar adapter in my truck now for well over a year, just search the part# I listed.

Quick Reply: IPod connection