3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

How much do side windows cost, just caught two thugs breaking into my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do side windows cost, just caught two thugs breaking into my truck.

Caught them chased them 15 minutes, cops took chase. Don't know the story now.... But it just happened, all I've gotta say is castle doctrine.

Anyway they broke out BOTH side windows in my quad cab . Really sucks bad time of the year. How much they running, I know a cheap shop and think it'll be another probably $75 to tent them.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 AM

You might check your auto insurance and your home owners/renters insurance to see if they will cover it. Once you get your windows replaced, get this installed, then about a week later get window tint put over it.

http://www.shattersafe.com
Old 11-30-2009, 01:35 AM

Good idea, they also got some tools.

Cops didn't get them. Good description and good plates. With all that went down they are going to look for them.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:37 AM

Check out the video on their web site. Pretty tuff stuff. I have it on my windows.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 AM

What they did was use a crow bar on the front window and it didn't break. Then they did the back window and as soon as they opened the door the alarm went off . Wish it went off on the front window.

Got glass all in my truck .
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 AM

You should get an alarm with a shock sensor. The first time they hit any part of the truck hard the alarm will go off before they can open a door. I have my train horns hooked up to my alarm. So, if anyone attempts to break in I'm sure I will find a pile of sitting next to my truck.

Also get some of these for the doors and tailgate: http://www.jimmijammer.com/index.html
Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 AM

BTW, I agree. Walk out of house, man standing in front of me with crow bar, empty clip, "I was just protecting myself from that guy who had that deadly weapon in his hand"!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:51 AM

Well what happened was I heard something then my alarm went off. It's in a parking garage. Went out and they were jumping in their car fleeing. Hauled *** and caught them. Chased them for about 15 minutes on the phone with the cops. Saw a pulled over cop car and he told me to talk to him. by this time they hit a side street and were gone.

Got the plate and what they look like, they almost ran me over driving out but made eye contact. I initially thought they just hit my truck which is why I didn't shoot them.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM

I had one replaced from a rock truck incident and I believe I paid around $200.00. and was quoted up to $450.00. You can get actual glass for the replacement which is alot cheaper. The windows are actually some kind of composite plastic which is alot stronger than glass, but obviously not strong enough.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
they also got some tools
x2 here sometime around Sunday-Tues last week.

I didn't see 'em... wish I had. Don't know what I would have done if I did.
Maybe this?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM

It's sad that you can't own nice things anymore becuase of losers like these scumbags! Man better have more then god on his side if I catch a rat basterd trying to do that to my truck!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Just got a quote for 165 for both and he said he'd do my front windsheild for 110. Guy in the ghetto, he does glass cheap, used him a few times.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by bansh-eman
It's sad that you can't own nice things anymore becuase of losers like these scumbags! Man better have more then god on his side if I catch a rat basterd trying to do that to my truck!
Justice will be served. I did exactly what the cops told me to do and that was flag down that pulled over officer.

The way the chase was going was getting dangerous and all I need was to get lured back into a back alley we traveled from quite a while from the most expensive neighborhoods into crack town including down the interstate. The guys were smart and they smoked the cops and me but only because I hung back.
I'm 99% sure they were attempting to steal my truck. There was nothing of value to grab and I had another car right next to it with a nav system and visible items in plain view.

The problem was probably their dispatch system. There was no reason for me to have to flag down an officer when I'm already on the phone with one persuing a robber. I'll leave my tuff talk about all that went down during the persuit to myself since this is the net. But I know one thing I'll never leave my gun at home again.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Just got a quote for 165 for both and he said he'd do my front windsheild for 110. Guy in the ghetto, he does glass cheap, used him a few times.

Where about's is your ghetto in case I need to get some glass in the future??????
Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 PM

Houston

Quick Reply: How much do side windows cost, just caught two thugs breaking into my truck.