3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

how do i disable

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do i disable

the door locks from locking upon the engine turning off? I have the edge juice with attitude on my 06' and when I set my turbo timer to go off in three minutes, get out and lock my doors, as soon as the engine turns off the doors unlock again. that makes walking away from the vehicle useless, somebody could just open my doors if they wait three minutes. thanks
Old 02-25-2007, 05:46 PM

Did you try calling Edge ?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to DTR

If you stand on your head in the bed of the truck and press the center brake lite with your right hand it will turn it off.

I just love new guys!

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you figure it out. I know the dealer can disable it for you, but they will charge you something.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by $oC@l CTD
the door locks from locking upon the engine turning off? I have the edge juice with attitude on my 06' and when I set my turbo timer to go off in three minutes, get out and lock my doors, as soon as the engine turns off the doors unlock again. that makes walking away from the vehicle useless, somebody could just open my doors if they wait three minutes. thanks
This is a good question. I have the same problem with my truck. It is annoying.

Originally Posted by Geico266
Welcome to DTR

If you stand on your head in the bed of the truck and press the center brake lite with your right hand it will turn it off.

I just love new guys!

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you figure it out. I know the dealer can disable it for you, but they will charge you something.
Dont pick on the new guy. I have went through the drb scan on my truck and I didnt find anything, (unless I missed it) I dont know about the star scan (for the newer trucks) I am hoping that there is something else that I can do

Kevin
Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 AM

I have Edge/Attitude w/cool down on my '06 and I don't have this problem. Not sure whats different
Old 02-27-2007, 12:19 PM

txfiremedic

I have Edge/Attitude w/cool down on my '06 and I don't have this problem. Not sure whats different
Old 02-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
This is a good question. I have the same problem with my truck. It is annoying.
I have the auto unlock feature set (the one where you put the vehicle in park or open a door and not all the doors unlock) but it didn't help the engine shut down door auto unlocking. Edge had nothing for me. My truck did this before putting the Edge on it, so they said it's something I am going to have to get with Dodge on.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:11 PM

I dont have the edge unit, I have a isspro, and mine does it too, as soon as the truck shuts off, pop, doors are unlocked

Kevin
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Isnt there a way to program the truck/fob for unlocking the doors, one at a time/all with one button press, etc? Maybe thats affecting the unlock after it shuts off?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Isnt there a way to program the truck/fob for unlocking the doors, one at a time/all with one button press, etc? Maybe thats affecting the unlock after it shuts off?
Yes, there is the "hit the unlock button once and all the doors unlock with one push instead of two pushes feature" but I haven't messed with that at all. I don't know, I am going to call Dodge right now and try to figure this out.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
I dont have the edge unit, I have a isspro, and mine does it too, as soon as the truck shuts off, pop, doors are unlocked

Kevin
I was just saying that Edge said that the doors unlocking upon the engine shut off wasn't anything that they could help me with via THEIR tech support and that I would have to speak with Dodge. I am calling them right now to see if there is a fix for this, I will let you know.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 PM

did you look in the owners manual and see if you can disable the auto unlock feature.. there is tons of stuff you can do to "Customize" the truck to your liking...
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gerry
did you look in the owners manual and see if you can disable the auto unlock feature.. there is tons of stuff you can do to "Customize" the truck to your liking...
Yeah, I checked in there. There IS an auto-unlock disable feature, which I have already done, but it is only for when you put the vehicle in park or when you open one of the doors and ALL of them unlock. I already disabled that feature. The problem that I am having is that when the engine shuts down, the doors unlock no matter what. I just got off the phone with the service department at my dealership and they asked me right off the bat if I had the little "glowy light" down right next to the OBD-II port and when I said "yes" they said that they were sorry to inform me but there was nothing that could be done. It is an added security device to the factory security system that delivers the "shock sensing" capabilities to the stock security system. Apparently the stocker is only capable of triggering the alarm if the doors are attempted to be opened while armed. He said that little device down next to the OBD-II is what automatically locks and unlocks the doors when the motor is turned off and on and there is NO way of disabling it.
So that means, Morkable, that anybody with that little "glowy light" down there is just SOL when it comes to the added benefit of a turbo timer on these trucks. We just have to wait it out. Well, so far there is one benefit/reason of my buying the Edge out the window.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:58 AM

hmmm, thats weird, I dont have any lights down there on mine,,, wonder if it matters as to where you tie into the ignition wire or something

Kevin
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM

Just pull the fuse til you get it figured out...or... take it to DODGE and have them re-flash the puter so it is where it was in the begining

Quick Reply: how do i disable