3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Help with info and basic knowledge!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with info and basic knowledge!

Ok guys and gals. I've worked my butt to the bone for quite awhile saving and pinching pennies. I've located the truck that I want,I've test drove many but still looking. I've had several 1st generations and one '94 2500 but had to sell them all. I've located a '03 3500 CTD 6spd 4wd with 124k highway mileage(was used to drive back and forth to do contruction work but hasn't ever hauled anything big at all. The price is in my range and I'm a sucker for blacked out rigs and this is definately one. I know nothing of the new to me AAM axles,newer Cummins and all that good stuff. Could yall please help me out with some of the first basic mods,things to look for,recall problems or anything of that matter. It would be mostly a DD to and from work,using it on the weekends hauling the woods toy('81 Chevy with Rockwells and 44s) to the woods and such. I like being able to haul my folks and family around and take them along when we go to the woods and all. This truck will be mine for years and years to come so I'm looking long and hard for something that will be trustworthy for many years to come! Let's just start the help Jimmy the newb to 3rd gen trucks out
Old 09-01-2006, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopar Kid
....... and I'm a sucker for blacked out rigs and this is definately one......

Then check out my pics for another blacked out rig!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...0&ppuser=31499

Sounds like you found a great truck. Buy it and enjoy it. The 03 trucks are great and I don't really recall anybody saying an AAM axle has failed. The biggest problem seems to be the blend doors on the A/C controls. If you have any specific questions about them, then just ask and I am sure somebody will chime in. I doubt anybody on here would tell you not to buy it if you like it. At 124k, it just about broken in good now!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let it Rip

The only problems you may run into is the lift pump, seems to have about the right number of miles for that to cause you problems.

Other than that, get her, pet her, put her inside and love her.