3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Heated Seat; why not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Heated Seat; why not?

Heated seat (driver): Chilly weather (mornings) arriving in South Texas. Tried the heated seat button on dash panel. It works fine after the temperature has risen during midday.

PROBLEM: On cold morning, NOTHING. No lights, no butt-heat, nothing. Yet, I can come out to the truck at noon and hit the button and ta-dah…heat works. So, why not in the cold morning? Passenger seat side works fine. When I depress the driver-seat side, 30% of the time, the button blinks a few times then goes out. When working, both lights come on and stay on.

Why? Fuse? (if fuse, pls provide which number because lid doesn't say "heated seat")
Old 12-02-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Murphy's law states it will only work when not necessary.

I had a broken wire in the base of the seat right at the foam, had to remove a little bit of foam to splice the wire back together. Had same problem as you, never worked when it was cold out, light would flash then go out.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:46 PM

made me chuckle...

thanks. I found this online last night....tried it this morning.... IT WORKED!

DISCLAIMER: I can't guarantee it will work again...don't know why it worked.

1.) Turn the key forward one click, until the radio comes on, not all the way to where the dash lights come on, just the radio. Push the driver heated seat button.
2.) Turn the key forward another click until the dash lights come on and hit the driver heated seat button again and both the top and bottom heated seat lights should come on and stay on (no blinking).
3.) Check the dash lights and once the grid heater light goes off turn the key all the way forward to crank the engine. Once the truck starts, push the heted seat button again and both heated seat lights should remain on.

PAGE TWO OF LINK: Heated seat fix? - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
Old 12-10-2016, 12:21 PM

Just updating. I'm just confirming that this method (above) works for me. I don't know why it works. Also, not sure if this is a problem, or if one day my seat will catch fire while doing 65mph down the highway. ...for now, nice to have a heated seat.