3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Hate to say it but the dodge may have to go

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, good luck!! Let us know what happens....
Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres an old saying,"Forget about school and no one will be the wiser,especially you".I am a commercial electrician and can make really good money,but if I could do it again I would go to Universty/College for sure.As said some college students are waiting tables,be carefull what you chose to get into,and realize that the economy is not always ready for junior/inexperienced people but that doesnt last forever and is not a reason you should not go to college.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Million dollar truck

You can say all you want about the pros and cons of having a college degree, but the average college graduate will make over a million dollars more than a high school degree only worker. I have worked with brilliant people without degrees that made far less than an average worker with a degree. Sell whatever you can but the best investment is in an education.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey lost lake you ever heard of these guys? Their offering a good price right now but are not local.

BRIAN LENZ
LENZ SALES & SERVICE INC.
536 S. SEYMOUR STREET
FOND DU LAC , WI 54935
920-322-3003 direct line
920-948-8846 cell phone
920-322-1164 direct fax
TOLL FREE 1-877-777-9139

WWW.LENZAUTO.COM
Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mega-engr
I see people posing as engineers all the time without degrees. Just because they can draw 3D pictures on a computer or something they get engineering positions... Anyway, your kids education is a way better investment than your truck. Get yourself an new/used one down the road when conditions allow. I'm glad to hear you are willing to sacrifice.

I will admit I have a year until I finish my degree in Mechanical Engineering, that said I believe that I'm more then capable of doing more then drawing 3d pictures, but I learn more every day(I have an internship with Bobcat right now). That said to all that say they engineer things or are engineers its kind of an insult to some of us that have had to work very hard to get our degrees or are working on it.

Once you have spent hours doing Calc, Statics, Thermodynamic, MOM, Vibrations, Heat Mass transfer classes let me know how easy it is to get a college degree. I will say right now I have failed classes and had to retake them, I would consider myself to be fairly book smart, and very mechanical.

Second are you really engineering it or are you fabricating it, do you know its failure point, where the stress concentrations are, what is your factor safety, are you willing to take the legal liability if it fails, is it cost effect, is there a better materiel that it should be made of.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
If you are going to throw stones, be careful. You always put an "N" after the "a" if it is followed by a word starting with a vowel - - a"N" engineer. (I learned that in grade school. Not much else but did sum lernin on dat.)

Bob
I did not learn this in school(either grade or college), but I doubt I will every forget it.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by cromulius
Hey lost lake you ever heard of these guys? Their offering a good price right now but are not local.

BRIAN LENZ
LENZ SALES & SERVICE INC.
536 S. SEYMOUR STREET
FOND DU LAC , WI 54935
920-322-3003 direct line
920-948-8846 cell phone
920-322-1164 direct fax
TOLL FREE 1-877-777-9139

WWW.LENZAUTO.COM
Same guy contacted me on my truck. He made an offer and I raised it and he accepted.
I thought it was a fair deal, but my wife did not. I told the guy that I would sell the truck to him, and signed the paperwork. I later called him to cancel the sale, explained to him my situation with my MADER than a hornet Wifey, and he said that he understands (keeping the woman happy) and canceled the sale.
I thought these guys were very professional, gave a realistic price, and obviously down to earth.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ColdCase
That is one of the basic qualification for an engineer, cannot spell sometimes cannot speak. Those engineers that can spell and speak go into management... or the construction industry.... to make the big bucks.
if you cannot do the work, then you are made boss
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I originally listed the truck for 25k and got major hits. The bidding went on to 26.5k and lenz auto said he will do 27k if I agree on the spot so I did and I got paid. Truck is still in my driveway and havent heard anything from their shipper. Maybe they will forget about it. He said they specialize in diesel trucks and I have the feeling they make most their money on the financing. I could have kept the bidding going but selling sight unseen and a wire transfer was easy as pie.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Congratulations there. Not that you want to see it go, but sounds like you got fair money fairly easily. Will be money well spent on education. Probably the biggest favor you can do for anyone let alone your family.