3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Got Mine!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Mine!

;D<br> <br> <br><br>Dealer called last night at 1800 hours - said, &quot;She's PID'd and waiting.&quot; Wifey and I were there in 15 minutes. ;D<br><br>Ordered Sept. 2<br>D on Oct. 4<br>F on Oct. 18<br>KZT on Oct. 25<br>Delivered on Nov. 6<br><br>I'll post pics once I get the 35&quot; tires on this weekend.<br><br>Man - the factory tonneau is sweet. The dealer had never seen one and all the reps commented on how nice it is - good quality too. Has 4 bows just like the best of 'em. The fit is better than any aftermarket cover I've seen.<br><br>Took it home (3 miles) and immediately pulled the front &amp; rear diff plugs - fluid levels were to spec (y'all had me worried about that one).<br><br>The truck had the Vehicle Theft Reg. Package (etched glass, etc.) at $289 - told 'em I did not order that (do all the trucks come with it now?) and that charge was deleted. He also tried to charge me $39 for a credit report (I financed it myself) - took that off too. Gotta watch these boys every step of the way! Paid invoice of $31,442 and financed it through Peoplefirst.com @ 4.99%.<br><br>Dealer gave me a free oil/filter change certificate and said to get it serviced at 3,000 miles. He also fueled it up (full, not all dealers do this).<br><br>They did not have the full rear wheel well liner part # and so gave me a &quot;We Owe&quot; slip for 'em (I had the dealer throw in the liners as part of the deal). I'll follow up on it. Gotta get the side moldings too and install 'em.<br><br>Studied the owner's manual the rest of the night. Interesting that on these trucks, when the Fuel Gauge reads &quot;E&quot; there's 10% (3.5 gallons) of fuel left. 8) The manual also says to use all 6 forward gears and not skip 'em - Pfffffttttt, yeah right. :<br><br>As others have noted - the handling on these puppies is vastly improved. The rear end is noticeably light and I'll carry the stock tires back there for a bit of ballast.<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 11-07-2002, 09:01 AM

Re:Got Mine!

Congrads Utah ;D I'm looking forward to seeing it with the 35 inch tires. Latter,<br><br>The Boss Hog
Old 11-07-2002, 02:00 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Hot doggies. Ain't it fun??? :P Congrats and all that stuff. Hope you enjoy as much as I am.<br><br>Bob
Old 11-07-2002, 08:18 PM

All the best. I am sure you will enjoy this great truck.<br><br>Wantbee
Old 11-08-2002, 05:45 AM

;D Thanks, boys. ;D<br><br>Last night I installed the &quot;Wheelhouse Liners&quot; (ooh la la - very European sounding label). Mopar part #82207367 for 'em. They went in easy - all the mounting holes are in the right place - just put in the supplied fasteners. And, did not need to take off the wheels.<br><br>Put on the tires too (315/70/17 BFG AT's) and they fit Perfectly. On my prior two Ram HD's I'd used the 2&quot; front leveling kit - don't need it this time! If I put it on later, it'll be for looks as there's plenty of clearance. No rubbing even at full lock.<br><br>Bought the over-sized Mopar flat mudflaps and I'll install them this weekend.<br><br>A nice surprise - went in to the dealer to buy touch-up paint. I need two colors for the two-tone paint. The parts manager said, &quot;No charge&quot; (my favorite response).<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 11-08-2002, 06:00 AM

Pictures! pictures! we want pictures!!!<br><br>Yours Truely,<br>The Boss hog<br> ;D ;D ;D
Old 11-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Muted User

All 6 forward gears my butt. I would shoot myself if I used 1st gear everytime on my 6-speed.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:39 PM

;D Yeah, Superduty - if you ever have tranny or clutch trouble and you get asked by the Dodge boys say, &quot;Yessiiree, I use every one of them 6 gears every darn time - just like the owner's manual sez!&quot;

Best to y'all
Bill
Old 11-08-2002, 05:12 PM

Utah, congrats on the delivery of yer new family member. Bet ya been crusin up and down 5400 West St. To show off yer purty new one to all those good folks of West Valley City, huh. <br><br>Them 1st gears on manual trannys have such low ratio of 5.61 &amp; 5.63 compared to first on 47RE auto of 2.45. 1st gear top speed is bout 5 mph. Should be used for startin out on a hill under heavy load like towin 5er. Second gear of manual is 3.04 and 3.38 on manual trannys, still lower than auto. at least you can get your baby movin in 2nd. Use first gear and all those lead footed race track drivers of SLC, UT will riding in the bed of your new baby. <br><br>How bout them pictures, Utah. Know you don't have any spare time keepin the new one company these days.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:00 PM

Yeah, yeah - pictures. Maybe the sun'll come out this weekend. <br><br>Heck, I always start in 2nd gear unless I'm loaded (the truck, not me). Then, if she's warmed up, it's 2,4,6 gears on flat ground. But, nice to know 1,3, and 5 are there if I need 'em<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill
Old 11-11-2002, 07:55 PM

I kinda like shiftin, reminds me of my 1967 Goat that I bought brand new, oh, those were the days!<br><br>And, did use first for the first time! In Portland, in a dern traffic jam! Moving like 1 MPH, and 1st was just fine, put her in 1st, let the clutch out and Daisy did the rest.<br><br>Hunter