3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Factory RAQ radio w/Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory RAQ radio w/Sirius

OK, I'm tired of not being able to get station info with my single disc am/fm radio w/Sirius. For those with the RAQ (6 disc changer w/Sirius), does the radio display the radio station and song info om FM and will it display the Sirius station info along with artist and song? Also if it does what I want is it a "plug and play" retrofit?

I don't want to pay for a Nav system (I have a Garmin portible).
Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
OK, I'm tired of not being able to get station info with my single disc am/fm radio w/Sirius. For those with the RAQ (6 disc changer w/Sirius), does the radio display the radio station and song info om FM and will it display the Sirius station info along with artist and song? Also if it does what I want is it a "plug and play" retrofit?

I wish I could help. I had the 6 disc in mine for a couple of weeks and can't remember if it dispalyed all the info. If it does, you should be able to get one and just put it in without making any changes. I believe all the plug ins will be the same. UNLESS you do not have the Infinity System. The Infinity radio WILL NOT work in the truck that does not have the full Infinity System. All the plugs will be different.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Yes it does, so long as the radio station broadcast the info
Ihave one I took out of mine for a nav unit, I will sell for 250. PM if interested
Old 02-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin

I found a 6-disc on ebay for like $100 and did the plug-n-play swap. Song info is displayed when available and the INFO button is pressed.

Still have the single disc....guess I should see if anyone wants it on ebay.

Chuck
Old 02-12-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cspot
I found a 6-disc on ebay for like $100 and did the plug-n-play swap. Song info is displayed when available and the INFO button is pressed.

Still have the single disc....guess I should see if anyone wants it on ebay.

Chuck
So does the Infinity deal posted above play any part in the swap? I have the single disc Sirius and no Infinity system, but I want to put the 6 disc in that displays song info.

What about the dash bezel, does the 6 disc have the **** cutouts on each side as well? Any pics?

What did you search for on ebay? Is it RAQ like listed above? Thanks a lot for any help you can give.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by plessm
So does the Infinity deal posted above play any part in the swap? I have the single disc Sirius and no Infinity system, but I want to put the 6 disc in that displays song info.

What about the dash bezel, does the 6 disc have the **** cutouts on each side as well? Any pics?

What did you search for on ebay? Is it RAQ like listed above? Thanks a lot for any help you can give.

Don't remember what I searched on.....no changes to bezel, remove to get single out, put 6-disc in it's place...I also don't have infinity.

Chuck
Old 02-12-2007, 09:28 PM

I also did the switch to a 6disc/mp3, I think its Sirius compatibly but not sure, mine didn't have it before so I dont know. The info is displayed on mp3 discs, artist and song title and on radio stations that broadcast that info. So I would assume that if you have sirius it would display all the info.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
I also did the switch to a 6disc/mp3, I think its Sirius compatibly but not sure, mine didn't have it before so I dont know. The info is displayed on mp3 discs, artist and song title and on radio stations that broadcast that info. So I would assume that if you have sirius it would display all the info.
I've been looking at the 6 disc RAQ on the internet and see it has an "INFO" button. Do you have to press this button to view the info? Can you hit it once and it shows info for each song that comes on, or do you have to hit it on every song?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:12 AM

I've been looking at the 6 disc RAQ on the internet and see it has an "INFO" button. Do you have to press this button to view the info? Can you hit it once and it shows info for each song that comes on, or do you have to hit it on every song?

Thanks.
You must press it each time you tune to another station/channel. After that, it will show the info for each song until you tune to another station/channel.

Chuck
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 AM

You must press it each time you tune to another station/channel. After that, it will show the info for each song until you tune to another station/channel.

Chuck
Ok, that is the exact information I was looking for. I think this is worth $150 or so that they are going for on Ebay to have the info feature. I'd rather have the REC NAV system, but just can't justify that much for it.

Can anyone confirm the "Infinity" post from above? Are all 2006-2007 RAQ 6 disc/mp3 factory radios Infinity models? I see others have upgraded from single disc to the 6 disc just plug and play. I've searched this forum and see several posts that the 6 disc infinity has different plug than the single disc. I'm wondering if maybe this is the 2005 and older Infinity?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Ok, that is the exact information I was looking for. I think this is worth $150 or so that they are going for on Ebay to have the info feature. I'd rather have the REC NAV system, but just can't justify that much for it.

Can anyone confirm the "Infinity" post from above? Are all 2006-2007 RAQ 6 disc/mp3 factory radios Infinity models? I see others have upgraded from single disc to the 6 disc just plug and play. I've searched this forum and see several posts that the 6 disc infinity has different plug than the single disc. I'm wondering if maybe this is the 2005 and older Infinity?

Thanks.

I went from single to 6-disc...I don't have Infinity.

Chuck
Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM

I went from single to 6-disc...I don't have Infinity.

Chuck
Ok, thanks a lot.

One last question. Does anyone know if I can add steering wheel audio controls? I haven't been able to find the part number or any info on doing this. Wondering if the connection is already there inside the steering wheel, or if I have to run wiring harness down the column.

Has anyone added factory audio controls? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:01 AM

I have been wondering about this since I got my truck. I have a single disk player and cannot get the info on the sat radio. I guess what you guys are saying is that I have to get a 6 disk to be able to get the info, is that right?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by howardA3
I have been wondering about this since I got my truck. I have a single disk player and cannot get the info on the sat radio. I guess what you guys are saying is that I have to get a 6 disk to be able to get the info, is that right?
Yes. It sounds like everything fits the same, just pull the bezel off, remove the single disc, plug in the 6 disc and you are ready to go. From what I'm gathering, if you turn it on Sirius SAT station 60 for instance, press INFO button on radio, then the artist/song information is displayed on the screen for as long as you leave it on station 60. When you change to another station, you have to click INFO again. Kind of a pain, but it's much better than the single disc, except it looks like we'll lose the AUX input jack on the front. The 6 disc does not have the AUX input on the front.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM

I honestly cannot understand why they would bother to make a satellite radio that didnt have the option to see the station name and artist/song info.

Quick Reply: Factory RAQ radio w/Sirius