3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dynatrac balljoints good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XRF's are darn good. haven em in my truck with 3k on them. they tightened up the truck really well, and they do have a million mile warranty(when i bought them). i put em in myself, and it wasnt bad.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put the Dynatrac's in at the beginning of the year. The parts seem to be good quality. They definately tightened up my steering. The only thing that bugged me is that they took a while to break in. They were a little stiff for the first 1000 or so miles. Meaning that I had to do a lot of steering correction to go straight. However, now I have no problems. I probably have about 5000 miles on these ball joints now and no problems. I like the Carli ball joints, but could not fathom the cost. I had a hard time stomaching the cost of the Dynatrac units as well. But they were roughly 1/2 of the cost of Carli's.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
There's a $200 difference between the two now.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Danderson
There's a $200 difference between the two now.
That makes it a little bit harder decision. When I needed them the Carli units were double the Dynatrac's price.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:31 PM

well supposedly several dealers have told me that it should be about 2 more weeks before they can recover their inventory that was sent back to carli, meanwhile they warned me not to buy any carlis that may be in stock from any dealer.

Well i couldnt still justify the $800 but if thats what its gonna take im willing to spend it.

I just rather not buy XRFS or Dynatracs cause the second time i have to remove them in case there was a problem i would be well over the $800
im going by past experiance.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just bought a set of the Dynatracs and have them here in front of me. I don't like to be a tester for new products, but I went with them anyway.

They are a true spherical joint and they are rebuildable. Dynatrac claims they never need greasing, but they do have zerks and are supposed to be much stronger than stock and much better than Moog (not saying much).

I was all set to go with the Carli's but after talking to Dynatrac and dealing with them in the past, I went with theirs. Cost was $524. for the whole set of four.

I am at 196,000 miles and I have 80,000 miles on replacement Moog joints right now. The truck has never handled well since I put them in so I'm doing it again! I was going to do it this weekend, but it's such a hassle that I think I'll put it off a week or so until I resolve my Dynatrac hub problem. Sheesh.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ordered mine a while back haven't had down time to install them yet but they seem to be very quality units

Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who did you buy them from? I have only found one supplier on the Internet. I need to buy a set today!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:06 PM

i've put the dynatrac's on mine and love them! i have had no issues w/ them and i like the fact that i won't have to press the housings off again to rebuild them. they have a kit to rebuild them if need be but they said that i shouldn't really ever had to do that. the rebuild kit comes w/ the tool to take apart the joint and rebuild it as well. i've got over 10k on mine and have had no issues. i was a little surprised when i talked to the folks at dynatrac and they said that they don't need to be greased but you can grease them as much as you want. well worth the time and cost to me. since i was already in there to install my manual hub kit.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 PM

My Dynatrac ball joints have about 5000 miles on them now and the truck has never handled better. Excellent.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by thenrie
Who did you buy them from? I have only found one supplier on the Internet. I need to buy a set today!
Right now most of the dealers are out of them and Dynatrac is backordered. My next stocking order is supposed to ship from Dynatrac on the 4th.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Skyd Ram
Right now most of the dealers are out of them and Dynatrac is backordered. My next stocking order is supposed to ship from Dynatrac on the 4th.
Yep. You are the supplier I was talking about. I spoke with you on the phone on Friday. Oh well. I found a couple others. Same story.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by thenrie
You can call Dynatrac directly.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 PM

yup, thats where i bought mine...directly from them.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:47 PM

I'll try that in the morning. From their ads, I was under the impression they sold through dealers only. No prices listed. Although if their primary dealers are backordered, it's not like they are going to give me preferred status.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac balljoints good or bad?