3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Drivers door noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers door noise

Hi there everyone. My drivers door made noises from the speaker BASS and I addressed that pretty much with foam behind the door panel, however it appears there are noises comming from the door panel when I go over decent bumps. These noises seem to be eminating from the aluminum decorative trim strip (laramie package). I am asking if anyone has had this problem and a solution. I DO NOT want to go to the dealer since the competence of the mechanics are in question especiall since I am an aircraft mechanic that is taught that mistakes mean dead people.
04 RAM 3500 dually/ cummins/ Laramie/ REGULAR CAB (RARE)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM

I had similiar noise , fixed it by taking drivers window switch assembly out , cut small piece of fabric the size of trim bezel and reinstall. You can check yours by pressing down on switch panel while radio is on. Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:38 AM

I have had this problem since they replaced the front drivers side speaker. I have had the dealer try to fix the problem several times, the fix lasts a while then starts again. The noise is more of a creaking as you go over a bump. I found by pressing down hard on the arm rest the noise goes away.

I don't know if this helps but the dealer told me the last time they had heated the plastic hooks on the inside of the door panel and bent them in, I would think to pull the panel closer to the door. This did work. I would rather get a new panel which is what I am fighting for now just as the warranty is running out.

I tried spraying non petroleum based silicon spray pretty much every where, that did not work. I live in hope.