3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Delayed Accessory Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can this option be enable on an 05'?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Can? Or want? That is the question. Maybe the techs are instructed to do 10 minute max.
I asked for 20 minutes but was told 10 minutes was the max it can be set too. I can't see why they would care how long it was set for if the customer asked for a 10 or even 30-minute time delay. That would be even more **** poor customer service that no one would want found out if the techs were instructed to set it to 10 minutes max.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:35 PM

It says right in my owners handbook ...up to 90 min on an 05
Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM

See, all this confusion is why I paid $325 (or something like that) for a used Triple Dog so I could do it myself. My time spent f-ing around with the dealers would have cost me twice that!

And the offer still stands for you guys close to me, swing by and I'd be happy to hook-up the Triple Dog to your truck and activate whatever you want.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by belgianmagic
Just went through my 2006 owners manual again and no where can I find any info that said you can get delay power on with key off. It even states that the radio will only work with key in the on or acc position.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM

whats up with Dodge... 03's ,04's can't have high idle ...06 cant have acc power...why change things that ain't broke
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by belgianmagic
Which page did you find this on? I looked in my 05' owners manual and was unable to find it. I would like to find it, take it to my dealer, and have then enable it. Thanks
Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 AM

I took mine to dealer to have options enabled.
Turned acc. delay on and was told it could only be set foe 10 min. max, couldn't find anything in the owners manual about it.
Dealer said the daytime running lights were turned on, they aren't working. Dealer said the high idle feature was automatic and couldn't be set for manual operation. Others on this forum say it can be enabled. ???
I guess I'll have to go back and try again.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by shep1
Turned acc. delay on and was told it could only be set foe 10 min. max, couldn't find anything in the owners manual about it.
Dealer said the daytime running lights were turned on, they aren't working. Dealer said the high idle feature was automatic and couldn't be set for manual operation. Others on this forum say it can be enabled. ???
Most dealers are clueless and should be ashamed of the ****-poor jobs they do.

There are two high/fast idle features. One comes on automatically and is in the basic programming of the ECM. I noticed mine came on around 33*F. The other is manually operated and needs to be "activated" by the dealer or other programmer. This one is controlled by the cruise control buttons and can be set at any temperature. I use mine in the mornings to warm the truck up faster.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by shep1
Yes I to was told only 10 minutes max for power on with key off I also have the DRL that were turned on by the dealer. They only come on 1/2 power when its put in gear and they go off in N. They can also set the manual high idle to be used with the cruise control with the auto trans. It can also be setup on the manual trans but some need relays added to make it work. All they need to do is read up on how to operate their equipment and then it will take them 5 minutes or less to set it all up.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Burning6
Which page did you find this on? I looked in my 05' owners manual and was unable to find it. I would like to find it, take it to my dealer, and have then enable it. Thanks
I have been searching since last night ...Owneres manual, Haynes,Chiltons....
I remember reading it because the #s struck me as 'SO VERY ODD'

the times were something like 15 seconds, 30 seconds 5 min,10min, 30 min,60 min ,and 90 min.... I will find it .....BUT...
Perhaps it was one of the programmers and not the dealer

With our style of truck...a 'Business Link' dealer is the way to go they want what you want, so that you buy from them next time...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Those times sound like you are thinking of the Triple Dog.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:19 PM

Your reading my mind I was just reading on the bully dog site...I know I read it somewhere
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM

I went to my dealer Wednesday morning and had them enable a few options that I've wanted for a little while now. Got there at 7am when the parts/service opened. The parts manager came out with the STARSCAN tool and we went through all the options in about 20 minutes.

Enabled - accessory power delay and set to max of 60 minutes
Enabled - manual high idle with cruise controls
Enabled - REC NAV unit I just installed (added it to 3/36 warranty as well)
Enabled - headlamps remain on for 90 seconds after shut down (when dark)
Enabled - headlamps on with wipers

The day time running lights can be enabled as well but I choose not to have that done.

We also cleared a couple of codes P0513 and P0514 that did not seem to self-clear like they should have.

Cost - FREE

I tested the accessory delay when I got home yesterday and it stayed on for exactly one hour.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 06RAMCTD

Enabled - accessory power delay and set to max of 60 minutes
Enabled - manual high idle with cruise controls
Enabled - REC NAV unit I just installed (added it to 3/36 warranty as well)
Enabled - headlamps remain on for 90 seconds after shut down (when dark)
Enabled - headlamps on with wipers

The day time running lights can be enabled as well but I choose not to have that done.
can they program the TC for better service??

Quick Reply: Delayed Accessory Power