3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Crazy Electrical Problem

Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy Electrical Problem

I have an 06 Crew Cab SRW G56 Truck and I love it so far. Today when I got into it after work as soon as my key hit the ignition column, the horn blew for about 30 seconds solid (not pulsed). After it quit, the truck would crank fine but my interior lights were stuck on and the light for door ajar was on in the cluster. The cargo light or horn would not work either. After an hour or so, I got back in the truck and everything seems to be fine.I have read of people having similar problems on this board but has anyone ever figured it out? I am really dreading dealing with the dealer on this. I have a flashpaq on it on the lowest setting (great gas mileage BTW) but I don't think it would do that.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:43 AM

Location: Dayton, NJ (temporarily while In USCG on Staten Island)
buddy's truck has same problem

I am posting for my buddy who is underway and cannot post. He has an 06, and did the same thing as previous post. He ended up just taking off the battery terminals to get the lights in the cab to shut off. Any ideas?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM

My Truck Does The Same Thing Sometimes. I Have Train Horns On Mine And The Other Day I Was Using Them Right Before I Came Home And As Soon As I Turned Off The Ignition The Horn Went Crazy. So I Turned Off The Switch To The Horns And Turn The Ignition On And Off And It Stopped. But The Other Day I Got Woken Up By My Trucks Horn Going Off. It Was Really Weird. I Had Turned Off The Truck Like 6 Hours Before The Horn Started Going Off. I Used The Unlock On The Key And It Shut Off. The Weird Thing Is I Have A Aftermarket Alarm That Doesnt Use Factory Horn And It Def. Wasnt It Going Off. The Horn Just Sounds Like Its Stuck.