3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Changed battery now ABS light on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changed battery now ABS light on.

I hadn't driven my truck for about three weeks so tonight I thought I would take my son to a movie in it. Get in and guess what, battery is dead. No big deal, run to walmart and get the correct battery and put it in. Well, now I have the ABS light and park brake light stuck on. What gives?
Also, what does the battery temp. sensor thing look like? It was dark when I was doing all of this and too late noticed that I had broke a plastic cover off of somthing. It was right next to the battery so I assumed that it was the battery temp. but I always thought that was underneath the battery.
Anyway, I could sure use some help on this.
Also, if anyone has pics of what that sensor is next to the battery that would also be great.
Thanks for the help.

I'm sure everyone has figured out by now that I'm talking about the drivers side battery.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know anything about your 01 (or my 03) but I routinely disconnect both of my batteries when I store the truck and never had any problems when powering back up. Also, I would think both batteries would be down if it wasnt starting. I know, no help from me.