3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Can the seat in a reg. cab lean back like a seat in a quad cab??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can the seat in a reg. cab lean back like a seat in a quad cab??

I'm looking to upgrade the old bench seat in my First Gen Cummins and saw a thread on DTR where someone had done that. I found a nice seat out of a 2007 Regular cab, but since this is going in a Club Cab I want to make sure the seat leans back a good ways (its still in the truck so I can't really test it).

Does anyone know if the seats are the same between regular cabs and quad cabs in '07? As far as the seat back leaning back a ways? And just how far does the seat lean back?

thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:49 PM

Mine reclines all the way back to the back window and I wouldn't see why it wouldn't go farther. It wouldn't make sense for Dodge to have 2 different seats for each cab style, it's not cost effective. Thought not being cost effective is what has gotten them into there latest predicament.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by 92'1stGen
Mine reclines all the way back to the back window and I wouldn't see why it wouldn't go farther. It wouldn't make sense for Dodge to have 2 different seats for each cab style, it's not cost effective. Thought not being cost effective is what has gotten them into there latest predicament.

Well my understanding was the seats in the regular cab fold forward, so you can access the small storage space behind the seat. So I'm not sure if they lean back as well.

The seats in the quad cab do not fold forward obviously.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by gts95
Well my understanding was the seats in the regular cab fold forward, so you can access the small storage space behind the seat. So I'm not sure if they lean back as well.

The seats in the quad cab do not fold forward obviously.
I don't know if the seats fold forward in a quad cab, but I know that the seats in my reg cab will recline back like a quad cab. Albeit not as far because they are stopped prematurely by the cab length, but they do recline.