3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Big Sky gun rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Sky gun rack

anyone ever put a big sky gun rack in their gen 3 dodge? theyre the kind that bolt up to the roof of the cab and hang the rifles over your head. I had one in an old chevy I had but it didn't have a very complicated headliner..They sure are nice as they keep the rifles out of the line of sight of theives and you have quick access to your rifle. Thanks
Old 12-22-2009, 09:29 AM

I have one in my rhino, and its awesome. Been thinkin about puttin one in the truck, just can't make myself cut holes in the headliner. Let me know if you get one and how you like it in your dodge
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 AM

that's exactly where I'm at, I don't know if I could make it look good. I think I'll have to try it but sure would like to see someone who's done it. I'll post up if I can get it done.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 PM

I had one in my 03 one ton, it was great! I had to use rubber spacers to put between the roof liner and actual metal to keep the screws from drawing the head liner to the roof. I actually flipped that truck and had a shotgun and rifle in it and they never moved an inch. The rifle never even lost its zero.
My new 03, the replacement has overhead air bags and I haven't figured a way to get it mounted in this truck without removing the overhead air bags! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sorry I know this is an old post but just wanted to give my .02.