3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Back In Black

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Longhorn06
Feelin like a 'tard' but i cant figure out how to get the pics into the reply.

Any help would be appreciated-Thanks guys!

You have some pics in your gallery here. Just click on the pic and look down below to the UBB code. Highlight that, right click and copy it. Then go back to the post and and in your reply...just right click and paste it.

Very nice looking trucks!!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by nriver
Woo Hoo, lots of cool trucks.

TexasCTD and I have talked many times on what to do and how to get the correct look. We all rock.....

pics of the current wheels, Im not all blacked out now.

NRiver, I think you took a step backwards with your rig....IMHO. I like your previous pics with it all blacked out and particularly your black wheels. The new shiny wheels just look to "blingy".

D.Wiggs definately has the most "awesome" truck here, but I am turned off by his 22.5s. I just shake my head when I see them. Sometimes, "LESS" is "MORE". Except when it comes to Horsepower !!

But, on the other hand, it seems like everybody else loves them....so don't listen to me.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
NRiver, I think you took a step backwards with your rig....IMHO. I like your previous pics with it all blacked out and particularly your black wheels. The new shiny wheels just look to "blingy".
Yep, I agree. I need to get the original wheels re powder coated. They were starting to flake. They put two coats on them and did not do it soon enough between coats, my guess. So the top coat started flaking off. So I started looking for a different wheel. I came across the Welds cheap, so I go them.

My other problem with the powder coating is they coated the entire wheel. I would sugest if you have your done, dont coat the lug nut area, the rear flange, or the hub area. I had to do this at the Tire shop and file it off as I was putting the wheels on. a pic of what I did.

I will also say, I like the different offset of these wheels. I had more tire rubbin problems with the stock wheels and the 37s. Control arm and Sway Bar rubbing, the Welds dont have that issue. So I have not made a attempt to get the black wheels fixed and get back to the look. I am thinking I want to get these Weld wheels powdercoated. That my be the next step, not sure how it will take with the chrome or if it will ruin them. I just need to get to a point where I can dismount these tires and do all the swapping around again. Seems like I spend $100 each time I move the tires around. Or take teh H2 wheels out of the garage and get them machined and done. Too many options.

So, yes I went backwards and agree, not quite as good.. Cant decide how to move forward again.

I also just bought a Rubicon and my time and effort are going to that project for more off road fun.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:54 PM

If you decide to go back with the stocker wheels, you may consider just having them completely sandblasted again and done over. I don't know how many coats (I thought just one) they put on my wheels, but they are holding up great.

Rambunctious1 and CQuestad both have black H2 wheels if you wanna see them for comparison. Very nice!
Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 PM

they will be completley re done, yep total sand blast.

just have not taken them over to do. I have some parts for the rubicon going over soon and will drop the wheels off at the same time.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Here is mine, completely stock, but the TRX4 badge sets is apart. Look for it to be leveled, with roof lights and a Ranch Hand front end replacement soon....

Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the help TexasCTD,

i got it figured out now! This is prior to the KORE HD levelling kit, but i havent taken any new pics yet.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Longhorn06
Thanks for the help TexasCTD,

i got it figured out now! This is prior to the KORE HD levelling kit, but i havent taken any new pics yet.
Glad I could help. Nice looking truck.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 AM

Thanks again for the help and also the compliment! i will try get some new pics going here soon.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 AM

Here is a couple of mine, I have since removed the stack and installed a 51 Nelson, and blacked out my corner lights, and installed Recon clear cab lights, also im at a cross roads over the center caps, do you like it with em or without em?

Old 11-03-2006, 01:54 AM

D.Wiggs definately has the most "awesome" truck here, but I am turned off by his 22.5s. I just shake my head when I see them. Sometimes, "LESS" is "MORE". Except when it comes to Horsepower !!

But, on the other hand, it seems like everybody else loves them....so don't listen to me.
Wait till the 22.5s are black chrome and I have some real beefy tires (295/75 Goodyears) on there. I think that will win you over
Old 11-03-2006, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Wait till the 22.5s are black chrome and I have some real beefy tires (295/75 Goodyears) on there. I think that will win you over

I will be looking forward to seeing it! Good luck winning me over though. I'd prob still have to vote 19.5''s.

Actually, it is all just jealousy cause I wish I had your bombing budget!!

Keep up the great work. You need to get that rig on a dyno and tell us what it will put down spinning those 22.5s.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 AM

I will be looking forward to seeing it! Good luck winning me over though. I'd prob still have to vote 19.5''s.

Actually, it is all just jealousy cause I wish I had your bombing budget!!

Keep up the great work. You need to get that rig on a dyno and tell us what it will put down spinning those 22.5s.
It won't be long now! I should be able to get it on the dynoe maybe by the end of next week!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:23 AM

I need tires and a front end replacement.....Donations are accepted, and as always, charity is tax deductible!!
Old 11-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Here's an updated version of mine.

Quick Reply: Back In Black