3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Another BUMP STEER thread sorry guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another BUMP STEER thread sorry guys

Okay heres alil break down of what I have going on. Im looking for someone that has had the same problem or any suggestions to help fix the problem.

I have a 2006 2500 Dodge megacab 4x4 with the cummins. I put a 6inch superlift on it with KMC 20 hoss and toyo open countrys 305/55/20 not sure on the tire size exactly. Well the lift has been on for about 15k miles. With in the last two months I have changed the shocks to the new superlift SSR's and everything was good the steering was getting loose so I changed my superlift steering stabilizer to the KORE stabilizer and over time the bumb steer has gotten really bad. So friday I put the KORE pan rod bar and still I have ridiclious bump steer. On some roads It doesnt even need bumps and it hops all over. So today I put the stock wheels back on thinking maybe the sidewalls were shot in the Toyos but the ride didnt change still lots of bump steer. So monday I plan on putting the white shocks that the superlift came with back on to see if its the shocks but after that I dont know where to look. The truck has 32k on it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lazy steering box???
Have a helper get in the drivers seat and rock the steering wheel back and forth...while they do that you lay down in front of the truck and look at all the tierods and trac bar ends..if you see any excess movement change that part out.....
big lifts=bump steer
steering links parallel to the ground=no bump steer.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:45 AM

Check your ball joints & tie rod ends maybe?
What nitro pressure do you have in that steering shock? When I ran that same shock it made me have bump steer & would pull to the right. Having that shock only amplified the bump steer for me. Finally put the stock shock back on & went away.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Lazy steering box???
Have a helper get in the drivers seat and rock the steering wheel back and forth...while they do that you lay down in front of the truck and look at all the tierods and trac bar ends..if you see any excess movement change that part out.....
big lifts=bump steer
I agree big lifts make bump steer but for the first 12k miles never had a problem truck rode better then stock.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by jtnm
Check your ball joints & tie rod ends maybe?
What nitro pressure do you have in that steering shock? When I ran that same shock it made me have bump steer & would pull to the right. Having that shock only amplified the bump steer for me. Finally put the stock shock back on & went away.
Good to know. I will try it monday morning. I want to put a better shock maybe if that is the problem try a rancho 9000s???
Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 AM

I thought "ptgarcia" was saying if you have a certain kind of steering stabilizer it will CAUSE bump steer??? maybe he will chime in and tell us again what the deal is??
Old 07-15-2007, 02:18 AM

I thought "ptgarcia" was saying if you have a certain kind of steering stabilizer it will CAUSE bump steer??? maybe he will chime in and tell us again what the deal is??
Im sure its not the KORE that thing is like 500 bucks but who knows
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
Im sure its not the KORE that thing is like 500 bucks but who knows
your right, I forgot you said that already sorry I'm sleepy
I would do the helper test I talked about earlier and see if any thing looks lose.
good night
Old 07-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned

Lazy steering box???
big lifts=bump steer
That's a good start!! On my 05 with the same lift and 37's it would do the same I tend to wonder with tires that big they will control the truck more than you can!! Mine were 13.5's wide and going down the free way here the right lane is so rutted I couldn't even imagine driving in that lane especially with the trailer.. Did it once and thought I was a gonner!!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:24 AM

Every single trackbar drop bracket I've seen NEEDS to be welded in place..

If your's is not, I'd get that done and report back..
Old 07-15-2007, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
Every single trackbar drop bracket I've seen NEEDS to be welded in place..

If your's is not, I'd get that done and report back..
It has been welded to the like a brick you know what house...
Old 07-15-2007, 12:17 PM

It has been welded to the like a brick you know what house...
Poop house?

Good... Hmmmm..

Is it TRUE bump steer? Meaning does it only feedback when you hit a bump on the passenger side?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by THURENfab.
Poop house?

Good... Hmmmm..

Is it TRUE bump steer? Meaning does it only feedback when you hit a bump on the passenger side?
I feel alot of on the driver side. Hmm well lets put it this way the wheel keeps hopping tell u slow down then it settles down but its all the time and it does it worst on bumps
Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 AM

I have been getting a sort of death wobble,not an all out shake your fillings out ,but when I go over small multi bumps at highway speed the wheel shakes pretty good.
Dealer has a TB on this and ordered tie rod ends and steering stabilizer for my next appt.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Banned

I feel alot of on the driver side. Hmm well lets put it this way the wheel keeps hopping tell u slow down then it settles down but its all the time and it does it worst on bumps
That kinda sounds more like death wobble than bump steer.

Quick Reply: Another BUMP STEER thread sorry guys