3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Airbag light came on and HVAC does not work

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Airbag light came on and HVAC does not work

Hi everyone, I would like to start off saying this forum is awesome and I am glad to have joined. I recently purchased my first diesel and absolutely love it so far. I have a 2006 Quad Cab 2500 Cummins. I have owned it for a couple of months and all of a sudden my airbag light came on the the only thing that worked on my HVAC controls was the blower motor. I could not change from cold to hot, turn on a/c or defrost, or change the level where the air comes out of. I took out the fuse and it worked for about 10 minutes and quit. I started to push the connector back into the fuse block and it will work sometimes (I think). The reason I say this is because it will act up then quit all the time and there is no rhyme or reason that I can find. Also today my power windows would not work and I could not lock the doors. I can unlock them and adjust my side mirrors then all of a sudden it worked a minute or so. I can not find any fusible links or se any bad wires. I have noticed that some other people have had the same problem, but they never said what caused it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out please. Thank you for any help I can get
The following users liked this post:
Randytate (06-05-2019)
Old 01-11-2017, 12:02 AM
EDR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an '06 2500 and recently had similar electrical issues. Air bag light flashing, other electrical issues and the stereo was cutting in and out and then finally stopped working. I also heard a faint high pitched whine in my overhead when I opened the door, so I disconnected my batteries and removed the overhead console.
After reconnecting the batteries the noise was gone, the stereo was working and the random airbag light and other electrical issues had stopped.
I bought a used OEM overhead console on line and should have it later this week. I hope it solves my issues.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Same problem help!

Did either of you find the cause of this? I have the same problem. I can disconnect the AC control switch and the air bag light will go out. Then when I plug it bag in the air bag light comes back on. Fan switch works but nothing else on that control board works.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 PM

Airbag and HVAC

RAMTX, did you ever figure out the problem? I am having trouble with the same problem also. Just wondering where to start.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:07 PM

Has any found the cause of this problem
Old 01-29-2018, 08:48 PM

Dbunch, figured it out!!! It was my TIPM. It tells everything what to do. Got a remanufactured one from Rock Auto, Cost about $250, plus you have to pay a $200 core charge. Unplugged the old one, plugged the new one in, and followed the ignition on and off instructions. I watched a short video on how to do it on YouTube . You have to be kind of careful to totally snap the connectors and lock them or they won’t work. Also be careful when turning the ignition on and off. It has to recognize the vin. Saved a ton. The mechanic just said he would have to hunt down wires and maybe take out the dash. I don’t think so!!! Some call the TIPM the fuse block.

Last edited by Kaydeedid_ It; 01-29-2018 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added info
The following users liked this post:
Dbunch (01-30-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:54 PM

Hope it helps!
Old 05-16-2019, 09:44 PM

I'm having the same problem with the airbag light and ac not working. I was told that I should have 12vdc to fuse 32 when the ignition is on and I don't. when I jumpered from the battery to fuse 32, all seemed to work. I thought my ignition switch went bad, but I have power leaving the ignition switch. I was thinking as a simple fix, I'd jumper from fuse 40 (cigarette lighter fuse) to fuse 32. Fuse 40 only has power when the ignition is on, just like fuse 32 should. Has anyone done this, will it hurt anything?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 AM

Received 365 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by cctxdodge
Has anyone done this, will it hurt anything?
Without looking at the wiring diagram (which I don't have) if you jumper from the "out" terminal of fuse 40, and if your A/C overloads that circuit, it will likely pop fuse 40...If you jumper from the "in" terminal of fuse 40, and if your A/C overloads that circuit, you could burn a wire because the circuit would be unprotected...As a temporary fix only, I would jumper from the out terminal of fuse 40, but the real culprit is somewhere between the ignition switch and fuse 32, and would still need to be addressed......Ben
Old 05-17-2019, 07:12 AM

That's what I was thinking, just wanted re-assurance. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:44 PM

My problem, had 4ways on at the bank, got back in, air bag light came on and dash died. no indicators, warning lights. Could it be the same thing?
Thank