3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

4th gen tow mirrors on 3rd gen truck..why not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th gen tow mirrors on 3rd gen truck..why not?

Who has tried and why wont it work?????
I like the look and the lights molded in.
there has to be some crafty body guys or mopar parts guys that had at least investigated it???

I am adding the color matched sort handle and key entry on the passengers side and figured while the door was apart..why. not. The mounting holes look like they are in the same spot with both versions.

Thanks v10
Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 PM

There's a long thread about this on "The Other" Cummins site and it may be possible but will take a whole lot of work. One guy went through the hassle and ended up giving up eventually because the bases are just too different. You might be better off trying to add some lights to your current mirrors.

I just picked up a set of the optional **** Tow Mirrors that Dodge offers. They have LEDs in them for the running lights AND turn signals. Lots of guys don't like them but I do. Maybe because they are different than what everybody else is running....
Old 07-21-2011, 01:40 PM

I wonder if the shells are that much different.....It may be somewhat easier to pop the shell off the newer model mirrors and put it on the other mirror and just wire in the led......I'll try and look into this further.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 PM

I did some looking on the "other forum" and noticed a lot of posts about some differences that would cause this not to work. The actual mirror is a different size as well so the shell's are probably different....BUT I did find a site that had the mirror with the side marker and full length lower mirror etc. Here is the link to the site. Hopefully this helps! Share it with the other site if you wish, I'm just not a member. Figured I'd only pay for the one and only best diesel site I have found yet, and that's DTR!

Here is the link http://www.jimsautoparts.com/mopar_p...towing_mirrors
PN: MP-82209293