3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2004.5 Seats suck - I have a fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004.5 Seats suck - I have a fix

Hello everyone - I have a 2004.5 truck with lots of options but it has the dark charcoal / dark grey interior with cloth front seats. I have the center flip up storage item between the two front seats.

After one 3 hour trip up north, I quickly realized that I reason I bought the truck was for the engine not the interior. The seat was very uncomfortable - some add padding which may help, to me - the seats suck.

To fix the poor seats, I reverted back to car I owned which had super comfortable seats - 1990 ford super coupe Thunderbird. The leather super coupe seats have adjustable bolsters (located at your kidneys) - seats actually have the ability to "hug" you with change in air pressure. Also they have lower back lumbar air bag and have various electric movement controls.

Even though the front seats are black leather, most people getting into the truck assume they are stock.

I have an extra seat of seats since I intended to put the second set in the rear but I decided against it. My kids are small and still in car seats so no real need. I will be putting them up on Ebay - if anyone on the forum is interested, go to ebay and search items for sale by nvr-enuf. If a forum member buys them, I will be more than happy to show them the simple brackets I made as well as the wiring. The seats sit up about an 1" higher than the stock so rear foot room is also created.

I just wanted to give people a suggestion on changing the uncomfortable dodge seats for something that I love as well as everyone that sits in my truck!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My old 5.0 had similar seats, Lumbar, Front Lip, Hips, and Kidney area all adjustable. I miss them.