3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Did I Mention How Much I Love This Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I Mention How Much I Love This Truck?

I was throwing money at my old Chev for awhile to keep her going. Then after 21 years and 365,000 miles, I said enough. I didn't feel like fixing the electrical gremlins.
So, last Sept. I bought a '08 crew with low miles. Almost imediately did the delete thing (5" turbo back and a Smarty JR.).
Problem is I have a Focus to use as a daily driver (its paid off and 38 mpg is hard to ignore). So now I find myself looking for, and running out of, excuses to drive the truck. Last night I spent a hour plowing snow. I didn't want to park it, I didn't want to stop. I wanted to build some mountain size piles of the white stuff!
I can't get enough, I love this thing. The noises it makes, whistling and a muted thunder, all the while making me smile, as it grinds out mountains of torque.
I love beating up on those little Hondas and Cavaliers with their soup can mufflers. Reminds me of Dundee,"That's not a knife!"
Nuff said, don't want to go too far with this!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Just awesome.

Thats why I love my trucks as much as my kids.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Soot For Brains!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats great!! im about the same way whenever i get done towing, i dont wanna get out of my truck. i just wanna keep going.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 AM

I agree with you guys..I love my 6.7,cant wait to plan my next trip..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:12 AM

Speaking of beating up on the Honda's and cavaliers with the potato can mufflers with the 6.7, last spring I had the rototiller and ramps in the back of the truck, wife listening to her ipod and dog hanging out the window. This guy in a junk lowered s10 with loud pipe wanted to run. I played with him up to about 35 mph then put the hammer down. It was pretty funny watching my dog looking at the guys truck as we pulled away.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:57 PM

im with you bro. I love my truck too. I got it about 18 months ago and have 37k miles on it now. From San Antonio, Tx I have driven to Cali, up to seattle then down through utah/colorado/new mexico on a 17 day trip camping/hiking out of the back of my truck with my wife for 8 of the days. I have made 3 other trips up to colorado in it for snowboarding and over to florida for some disney magic. I drive it everywhere and love it. Mine is a 2009 1 ton megacab 6.7L 4x4. It handles awesome on the road and offroad. It carries everything and everyone comfortably too.... It is by far my favorite vehicle ever and I dont plan to get rid of it until its run into the ground.....
Attached Thumbnails Did I Mention How Much I Love This Truck?-boardtruck.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 07:09 PM

A Texan who likes the snow? Who woodah thought!
I looked at the Mega cabs too, but I wanted the shorter wheelbase more than the limo sized back seat. My back seat is almost always folded up to make room for the dogs, a Lab and a Rottie. Oh, and a MTX sub enclosure (2 10"s).