3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Whipple and compounds??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 01:34 AM
chw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whipple and compounds??

Hey guys it's been a few years but I'm back in my truck. So I'm not so much into breaking dyno or track records like I was years back when I had the truck built. It has big turbos 73 or 72 (not sure) over 94 it was MPI racing setup at the time must have been 7 or 8 years ago. Dual wicked pumps. Truck has pretty hard start ups but clears out runs fine soon after. I was told it's an idiosyncrasy of the big fueling mods lol?!? Any ideas off the top of yours heads why this may be? (thinking of going to strokers) who's do y'all recommend? It has Really big exergy injectors I find they work as advertised I like them more than the fluxes I had before. Ported head ZZ side draft intake manifold. Flex a lite fans. Spearco intercooler. F1 helix 2 cam and valve springs fire ring and o ring head and block if I remember right. ARP studs. 2 Hellmann sumps feeding 2 fass 150s. Coolant bypass. Water meth. 2 stage progressive nitrous with an additional stage for spooling chargers at the line. Tst/smarty/mp8. Obviously a built tranny. I think that's about it for my mods.

Anyway, I really enjoy cruising around town and the truck smokes almost too much to drive without getting into trouble. Can I put a big whipple on it to improve my spooling issues and if so what kind of project would i be getting myself into? Will this be a negative modification will I have issues? I'm sure I will lose some power but I'm not overly concerned about it. Are there any kits you can recommend I would like a kit that bolts the whipple on top of the head. So my chargers can remain in place. Will it work with my side draft intake? And what will have to be done as far as exhaust manifold?

I would also like to do a 06 ecm swap to run EFI Live are there any good kits you can recommend? I am not concerned with getting the parts installed as I live near Lake Charles, LA where there are good mechanics and tuners to do the work.

Do you guys think the supercharger ECM mods will make he truck more fun and street able ??
Old 07-13-2016, 03:31 PM
chw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoops meant to post this in 5.9. Can't figure out how to move it