3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

2008 Dodge 6.7 Delete List

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Dodge 6.7 Delete List

I just sold my 2005 Dodge and bought a 2008 Dodge Mega Cab 6.7L. I read the article that detailed the delete process but still have some questions. I live in AZ so I need to do emissions tests every two years so I'll need to be able to return it to stock easily, but can someone please list the different parts I'll need to buy. Also, if I were to buy a Smarty Tuner is there someone here who could send me the last update where I could accommodate for the delete process? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by jwhip
I just sold my 2005 Dodge and bought a 2008 Dodge Mega Cab 6.7L. I read the article that detailed the delete process but still have some questions. I live in AZ so I need to do emissions tests every two years so I'll need to be able to return it to stock easily, but can someone please list the different parts I'll need to buy. Also, if I were to buy a Smarty Tuner is there someone here who could send me the last update where I could accommodate for the delete process? Thanks in advance!
http://performancetruckproducts.com/dpf-delete
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM

Johnh,
I appreciate the link but that doesn't really help me out. I've read the detailed report about the two different types of deletes and am trying my best to understand the difference between the two. I live in Phoenix so I have to get emissions testing done every two years. With that in mind, how long would it take to literally take it all off and put it back on every two years? If I do the CA delete where I'm pretty much just disconnecting everything (making it easier to return to stock when I have to do testing), how is this different than the first? Can someone simply give me a list of parts I need to do each? That link with hundreds of delete kits is overwhelming to me. I have absolutely no idea which one to get.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:47 AM

Ok, any feedback would be appreciated. If I were to order the:

1) DPF Delete Pipe
2) EGR Cooler Delete Kit
3) Glacier Diesel Intake
4) Smarty 67ME

Then:
1) How hard/long would it take for me to remove/replace so that I can pass emissions testing every 2 years?
2) If the current system on my 2008 is a straight through, what would be the benefit of replacing the entire exhaust?
3) Which Glacier Diesel Intake should I get?
4) If I were to put a cold air intake on the truck, would it filter better/at a higher level than the factory? Or should I do the air box mod?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in all honesty you dont need the intake, the plates included in the egr cooler delete kit will suffice just fine but it would require you buy a set of EGR valve gaskets to put it back to stock, your choice.....

the Delete pipe is straight forward, you dont need the fancy gaskets to put it back to stock, mine was just made of fel pro gasket material

the cooler delet kit is approx a 1.5 hr job to remove but i was learning as i went so it would get easier the more times you do it, its just a question of doing it, there is a very small amount of coolant loss removing the cooler so you need not worry about it.

I'm an H&S man not a smarty guy but ive heard theyre easy to update.

as for the total time i would venture a guess of appro 4 hrs to set it all back to stock........
Old 12-30-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwhip
First you must ask yourself why do you want to delete the emission equipment.
Do you want better fuel economy or performance, do you want to delete because that is what everyone said to do.
You can buy the Smarty either JR or the S67 and use the emission compliant tune to archive improve performance without deleting and you main gain a 1 to 2 MPG. Then if you still feel the need to delete you can than retune the truck with an ME version of the tune without purchasing a new Smarty and delete.

Now I am deleted but I do not need to test every two years so I do not have to reinstall the equipment. I have installed a 5” Turbo back exhaust from MRBP exhaust systems for a 5.9L Long bed quad cab truck (06MY). Fits like a glove. I did not delete the EGR cooler just blocked off the line to the intake and removed the EGR valve on top of the intake blocking it also. In the MIDWEST the engine will run a little warmer with the EGR cooler in place. See the instructions that Smarty supplies with the ME tune and follow that to a T.
Jim W.