3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Xzillaraider2 guys in here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if I was special I'd have one by now but had to go campinging and have fun drink'n and smoke'n 30 lbs of meats for everyone which they supplied the drink's and money for me too pay for my upgrade. Anyway look forward to the new mod. already miss the box. It's just not the same. So keep rubbing it in thats ok I'll have it soon enough.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Well it came today. Like the new control pod wasn't thinking it would be that easy for the readings boost,rail preasure. Did have a heck of a time getting the updates to work. My PC dont see module Vista has to be the problem. My wifes PC with XP no problem at all easy. The only thing I have noticed ok couple. 1st sound(quieter)and feel (smoothness) night and day on MY truck. Not sure on boostfoolng, time will tell only did shot run tonite but seems as boostfooling isn't as much but as I had with old std mod. time will tell.
I will keep all my finding posted here. Still have to try the CB to see what happens hoping for good results.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Ok got some miles on now. Very nice inprovement.
*1st right after I instaled the X2 with in 2 sec. the motor got quiter I know I didn't beleive it neither so went back to stock for alittle while. Then put X2 back on same thing happened don't know why.
*2nd power delivery was smoother. With that the tranny seems smoother as well wife even noticed it.
*3rd diffinantly like the new control mod very nice RP reading and boost with no extra wiring way cool. Still waiting on new harness but no biggy now.
*4th I updated with mpg update and I really like the feel plus I've never seen my mpg read so high. I know there off but it's alot more then before. Still working on the hand calc.
*5th web updates are easy once you have everything in place XP works but can't get laptop w/Vista to see module maybe Quad got an answer.
*As I said before that I wasn't sure about boost being the same ,I was wrong got on it to race a Hemi and holy cow I had the 38-42 on both man. and quad gauge. Oh and I beat him crazy old guy lol.
*I would diffenately recomend this for anyone wanting a great middleline++ mod.smooth power, with great customer service, and ease of install.
*This what I seen on my truck and I am more then satisfied, Hope you exsperance the same thing I have.
** Thanks Quad and everyone else there,******** Mike, Mesa AZ
ps havent tried cb yet too see if mod is affected yet cause my buddy is out test driving my truck, looks like we might be pulling his Banks off tonite. See if he likes or not.*
Old 10-18-2007, 09:04 PM

I am wanting more off idle-Low end power rather than peak hp..From what I've read the X2 is for me..
Have past up a few good deals on a Bullydog tripledog..
I am very impressed with company support and knowledge of people on this forum..

Where are you guys buying your X2's..?...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 PM

UPS brought my present yesterday. I put mine on today and MAN, what a difference! The low end is excellent and the power is smooth and very responsive! I haven't had a chance to run 3 and 4 yet. I will have to say that the engine seems to run a little quiter like Quadman said earlier and I haven't put 2 stroke in yet, don't know why. This thing is a great package! My buddies that are running the bullydogs are going to be envious of this one. Top notch quad, you have made an excellent product and the tech support is great as well. Going to download the MPG setting and try it out next tank!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:53 PM

BTW, I am misunderstanding the "Factory STD" tune on the Quad website. It mentions having a feature code that is not enabled from the factory. What is different between that tune and the one that is preloaded to the box from the factory?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 PM

The feature code is nothing more than a way to track what is downloaded into the box. When we ship them there is not any feature codes enabled. So, we mentioned the feature code that goes on the box when you download the same stock file from the web. It is more or less to make sure it got downloaded.

We just knew someone would take a brand new one, hit the get info button and see nothing. Then when they download the stock file off the web it shows FACTORY and they would think something was wrong.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Understood. Thanks Qzilla. Once again excellent product and svc.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Ok did the cb radio interfear test and Praise the Quad gods no more making the truck act weird when I key up. What ever you guys did to the new boxes help that part out.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM

Where are ya'll mounting the new X2 control unit ? The original X1 I put under the dash beside the steering column so the light was visible. The X2 needs a good spot to see and change levels - Where.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM

I just shoved mine under the carpet! I don't need to see the lights to know its working!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a zip tie on my e-brake assy. Its tight enough to not rattle, yet loose enough that I can slip it out and bring in the house to update.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

i double side taped mine(usb down) to the brake light box(white plastic box)
dry, cant kick it, easy to get the usb plug into, and keeps the harness up and away from pedals and column
Old 10-19-2007, 01:22 PM

Where are you guys buying your X2's from...????

Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Beta testers. Sorry! It'll be here before you know it!

Quick Reply: Xzillaraider2 guys in here.