3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Xzillaraider 2 Product Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will the new product interface in between the injector harnesses similar to how Edge and TST Do it?

Isn't that the best way to add duration? Or is there other ways that are just as effective?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 AM

Qzilla, I just wanted to throw it out there that you are definately the man! As soon as it is time I will be ready to update! I want to change a few things. Right now my race box really makes the injectors howl in level 3. I think I would like to try a little less pressure. I will be upgrading to 100-150hp injectors after my turbo comes in. Somewhere next summer. But for now, I look forward to this!

It says it will work with the current harness, is there any benefits to upgrade the current harness?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM

If you upgrade to the new harness you will be able to monitor the coolant temp. and have a warm-up mode based off that reading, but if you use your existing harness you will not have the coolant or warm-up mode options.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:07 AM

Ok, thats cool, I dont hammer on her till I see the gauge get to the middle anyway.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

From my freeze plug blowing experience. I dont hammer it until i see the gauge hit the middle, dip down slightly and come back up to middle, tells the tstat has opened and coolant system is COMPLETELY up to temp. trust me, popping a freeze plug isnt fun.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
From my freeze plug blowing experience. I dont hammer it until i see the gauge hit the middle, dip down slightly and come back up to middle, tells the tstat has opened and coolant system is COMPLETELY up to temp. trust me, popping a freeze plug isnt fun.
and if your real lucky it can take your motor out in the process
Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

yeah, luckily i was staring at gauges and the mirror when i popped mine. got out of the throttle as soon as i heard the telltale sound.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 PM

This sounds awsome. I know you said you cant talk much about it. But will this box be able to hit lower in the rpms? I have the race box, and it dosent hit until 2200 rpms. Thanx for the info, your customer service is top notch.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:19 AM

Will the new product interface in between the injector harnesses similar to how Edge and TST Do it?

Isn't that the best way to add duration? Or is there other ways that are just as effective?
No and I will never do this. We are working on a heavy duration box and we will not connect this way. No one has ever successfully done it. Yes, I said that. There are issues and 2146 and 2149 codes galore, just do a search.

There are better ways to do this. This particular module (X2) is not meant to be a heavy duration box. This is why we do have a limitation of max power output while maintaining safe rail pressures.

Totally different products aimed at totally different markets. A good duration intensive box needs a turbo upgrade as well as many other supporting mods to be used properly.

If you upgrade to the new harness you will be able to monitor the coolant temp. and have a warm-up mode based off that reading, but if you use your existing harness you will not have the coolant or warm-up mode options.
This is absolutely true. There is however, 1 more advantage to the newer harness and that is if you use a Commander with it you will not need to tap any wires!

I wished on one hand that we would not have this to debate when upgrading but, I wanted to offer as easy of an upgrade path as possible to our existing customers.

This sounds awsome. I know you said you cant talk much about it. But will this box be able to hit lower in the rpms? I have the race box, and it dosent hit until 2200 rpms. Thanx for the info, your customer service is top notch.
Yes, but there are consequences to this. Because of these consequences the Race module will not come with this tuning but, there will be a free update for it. That way we can let you decide if you can live with the consequences. You might be ok with it and the next guy might throw a fit. Now that we have USB we are not held to these limitations. We can give you enough rope to hang yourself and then come back without it costing me any money, time or effort. If I had 26 flashes we would be in a never ending cycle of reflashing modules for people! Now you can do it yourself in 15 seconds.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 PM

This is so cool. Will there be a cool down timer in the near future?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:47 PM

Hey Quad, This sounds like an awesome upgrade. My warrenty expires the end of the month. Is there any grace period ? I don't want to get the extended warrenty if I am going to upgrade - but 45-60 days puts me out of that group.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 PM

When this suppose to be happening Mine was bought in december last year just wondering if it will be eligible. I would upgrade to the STD I have a XZT.

Buzzman
Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzman
When this suppose to be happening Mine was bought in december last year just wondering if it will be eligible. I would upgrade to the STD I have a XZT.

Buzzman
It doesn't look like there is going to be an option to upgrade from an XZT to a standard or race.

XZT to XZT

Standard to Standard or to a Race with some extra cash.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzman

Buzzman
I would also like to upgrade. I would be willing to pay the extra for the standard plus the extra for the"2" and the extra for the new harness.

Quad: would you consider this...thanks.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:42 PM

I will have to see if I can come up with a simple way to handle this.

What we were trying to avoid is a glutton of upgrade numbers so it does not just kill us.

Let me see what I can come up with.

Quick Reply: Xzillaraider 2 Product Info