3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who has updated their smarty w/ the new update?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has updated their smarty w/ the new update?

Post your opinions and findings here!!!

DO NOT BASH OR POST OTHER VENDORS PRODUCT HERE!!!

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 PM

I posted this over at TDR.

I've been running my Smarty on sw3 with stock injectors and have had a little timing/injector rattle, not sure which, but not enough to be concerned. I just D/L’d the new version and reloaded with sw3. I must say, even w/stock injectors, I noticed my engine runs/idles more smoothly and what little rattle I did have is gone. I'm assuming the new software version has reduced timing? Will the reduced timing increase egt’s or effect mileage? Other than that, I like it, thanks to Marco once again.

Sid

Still happy with update. I have not noticed any changes with egt's.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 PM

Updated my Smarty to the latest release.. Moderate Torque version on an S-04A

First impression is very good.. The bit of timing rattle I had when cruising (especially up hill) at around 50mph or so is now gone.

The excessive (in my opinion) rattle at startup when cold is now mostly gone as well.

Power seems to be a tad bit less right off idle but nail it and it still goes like crazy. I think its a very worthwhile update.

Nothing bad to report here!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:09 AM

I updated my Smarty, but just havent drivent it much, so I will report back later on
Old 12-10-2006, 01:27 AM

I have had my smarty on #9 for a couple weeks now, in cold weather(-30) I haven't checked if there is an update for the 06, but it runs fine, no rattle, pulls hard. I want level 11....or 13....or 15......how do you spell addiction..SMARTY!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:56 AM

Marco,

If you happen to read this....Thanks. The smarty is easy to use, a joy to drive and upgrading it was simple.

First impressions are:

I went straight to level 5, drove it about 15 miles and thought I put level 4 on. No knocking at all, where before the update she would rattle pretty good.
I am noticing it is very hard to get it to smoke at all, seems maybe the fuel map was modified a little. As stated by the other member, off the line it feels a touch weak, but once it spools, hold on.....still a happy customer!!!!!!

Anyone here running higher than level 5 on stock turbo???
Old 12-10-2006, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm. I was getting a little timing rattle also so I backed off the extra timing on the Rokktech. Seems to help.
Maybe I should update to the new 309D204.

MikeyB
Old 12-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Hmmm. I was getting a little timing rattle also so I backed off the extra timing on the Rokktech. Seems to help.
Maybe I should update to the new 309D204.

MikeyB
With the new flash, I thought I accidentally went with 4 or 6, no rattle noticable....sounds stock, feels good though!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:57 PM

I just finished driving around town and took a 20 mile raod trip down the interstate.

The flash changed a couple things. Under WOT the truck doesnt buck as bad, shifts are smooth and consistant. Fuel map had to be changed, because running WOT from a stop would have smoked the intersection. Now I let out a heavy puff of smoke and the turbo ignites very quick. No more 200 foot clouds of smoke. EGT's are consistant, 0-80 never peak 1300 and cools off quick once off the throttle.

I love the lack of timing/injector knock. However, it feels like there is a little less power than before. I am tempted to move up to 6 but I am afraid it will be too much for the stock turbo.

Thanks again Marco and Bob, quality product with great support.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:57 PM

Well, I drove around today doing errands, on #7, and I noticed my EGT's are up a little when I first take off, but then settle to normal, and my motor seems a little quieter to me

hope this helps
Old 12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Banned

Comparisons are against the previous mild TM download.
On the latest mild TM:
SW7 vs SW7
Rattle is almost non-existant on my stock inj. The overall power seems a bit less by the SOP dyno. Throttle response is less, kind of sluggish for lack of a better discription. EGT's are up about 50* at 75mph on the flat. I had a vibration somewhere in the running gear and it is still present. The drone in my exhaust is louder then it was which is similar to where it was in the pre-Smarty days. Smoke is less.
SW9
All the same stuff except overall power and throttle response is better, as it should be I would think.
No other SW's tried.

On the latest version of moderate TM:
Never ran this TM on the previous download version so it is a comparison against both of the mild TM downloads.
SW7
Rattle is still almost nil. The overall power compares equally to previous Mild TM program. Throttle response, same, compares to previous mild TM. Egt's are up about 50* also. The vibration is gone.....this was the second thing I noticed because it was a great concern of mine. I honestly thought I had a either a bad clutch disc or the 5600 was taking a dump on me. Relieved, to say the least!!! The drone in the exhaust is same as the latest mild TM version. Smoke is less.
No other SW's tried as of yet because I'm really happy with #7 - except for the drone.

Marco/Bob - Why would the drone be different before and after this download?
Any idea on the vibration present in the mild TM's and not in the moderate TM's?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 AM

There's a thread over on the TDR discussing this same update. They are also reporting higher EGTs with the updated version. Guess Marco backed off the timing a little.
For now I will just stick with version 307D202.

MikeyB
Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 AM

I wish I had, the EGT's are a touch higher. But the thing that is a little disappointing is the hesitation I am feeling in the shifts at WOT. It feels almost like it is de-fueling. When I had the other update on it was snappy and seemed alot faster by the SOP. I do like the lack of rattle/knocking from the motor!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:31 AM

Did you save the earlier version from Madselectronics website?
If not I have a copy of it.

MikeyB
Old 12-11-2006, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
Did you save the earlier version from Madselectronics website?
If not I have a copy of it.

MikeyB
If you could shoot that to me I would love to have it on file!!!

hemiblue04@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Who has updated their smarty w/ the new update?