3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who has ATS Motor Work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That filter issue was figured out....well at least what caused it. You guys with 05+ trucks might want to listen to this:

Tank was pulled today actually and Brad (Ponci's) found a white fibrous baffle in the tank to be the issue (Not duct tape). Its a fiberglass like piece and its was "Melting" and the fibers were letting go and getting sucked into the pickup. I believe this baffle is in all 04.5 trucks and up. Don’t know want caused the thing to "Melt" as of yet.....very weird.

This piece is bolted to the bottom of the tank just infront of where the fuel enters from the fill neck......this is the first i have heard of this.....Brad just said you could wipe your hand on it and it was like gel and the fibers would fall out and float in the fuel......

Sabotage?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Biodiesel...I bet. That stuff is the solvent of all solvents. Eats every and any coating I have exposed it too.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Biodiesel...I bet. That stuff is the solvent of all solvents. Eats every and any coating I have exposed it too.
So in other words; make sure your tank is prestine before you put it in, or it will be after you do it! At the cost of yoru fuel system that is!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Here is a vid of what im talking about.....

Click here to watch Fuel-Tank-Baffle
Old 02-07-2007, 05:27 PM

Yeah, we should all get some sort of credit. I say 25% off our next purchase of diesel products from any vendor on the site!
I'm down with that
Old 02-07-2007, 05:30 PM

No...in the best words,

STAY AWAY FROM BIODIESEL...for a while. Let the others work out the kinks. It is such a strong solvent, it eats paint, some rubber, and alot of glue.

Filters, pump parts, fuel lines...lots to worry about.

AND...it doe snot like being compressed at 25+ ksi. There is a strong possiblity on a molecular level to change into a more plastic particulate.

It will get worked out...in time. It always does...and has to in this case. But I am not going to subject any of my new trucks to it any more. I save it for the 10+ year old tractors, forklifts, and space heaters.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by KelschKid
I'm down with that
Admins...Mods...Lary...

WE'RE WAITING!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
No...in the best words,

STAY AWAY FROM BIODIESEL...for a while. Let the others work out the kinks. It is such a strong solvent, it eats paint, some rubber, and alot of glue.

Filters, pump parts, fuel lines...lots to worry about.

AND...it doe snot like being compressed at 25+ ksi. There is a strong possiblity on a molecular level to change into a more plastic particulate.

It will get worked out...in time. It always does...and has to in this case. But I am not going to subject any of my new trucks to it any more. I save it for the 10+ year old tractors, forklifts, and space heaters.

Thanks for the advice. It's not even sold anywhere around here so I didn't even consider it. That, and no one has done any studies on running Bio D on 1000HP CR engines!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:34 PM

It mill make power...and has been proven in very high hp 12 valves...but not CR's.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Don had a good topic going on NW Bommers forum i just randomly found today about it.......did you find anything else on what it does to the 3rd gen injectors? Had a good pic....The thread was a few months old......
Old 02-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So was he running bio or not???
that baffle makes me nervous
Old 02-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

Thats crazy if he was for real, I didn't believe it because he would gripe and gripe about "I want, I want" instead of just being happy he had/has more power than most of us, especially at what 22 years old? Sure I "want" 800hp and my goal is 600hp on diesel only but I'm not going to make 5 threads about how I dyno'd ONLY 7xxhp or whatever... My $.02
Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 PM

I agree... I understand I won't have the "ultimate CTD" but I'm happy with what I have. I'm chasing 11's on fuel only but if I never make it, o well. LOL! Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be driving what I have. Alot more people have alot less where I come from. To be disappointed with 7xxhp is... STUPID!
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
Admins...Mods...Lary...

WE'RE WAITING!!!!

I am with you guys on this.....But then again I could let his fairy Tale behind back on here and force you to read his junk again
Old 02-08-2007, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I am with you guys on this.....But then again I could let his fairy Tale behind back on here and force you to read his junk again
You wouldn't!!!!!!!! You couldn't!!!!!! Lary NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quick Reply: Who has ATS Motor Work?