3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What to do for mods????2004.5 ram diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do for mods????2004.5 ram diesel

Okay i got this 2004.5 ram diesel. Its off factory warranty.

Anyways Its stock now. I just got a edge juice attitude for it which im sending in to get the hot unlock and turbo timer. I still have the factory 4 inch exhaust but in spring I want to delete Cat Converter and put 4 inch piece in there and delete muffler and put aero 40/40 there. Will this be ok?

or would it be better to put aero 40/40 where the cat is and delete the stock muffler?

Also looking at a intake such as AFE stage 2 or something. (here lots saying AFEs arent worth the price) what is a good air flow filter open or not? banks, k&n etc....?

Will these mods be ok or what else should i do? I will be watching EGTS to
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 PM

does any1 here mod their trucks or am i the only 1? My dodge must be rare $$$$
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by sallyman1
does any1 here mod their trucks or am i the only 1? My dodge must be rare $$$$
Sunday's are slow...it's church / football / family / hangover / ...day depending upon the person.....i'm using the christmas party hangover and football excuse myself.

I still have the factory 4 inch exhaust but in spring I want to delete Cat Converter and put 4 inch piece in there and delete muffler and put aero 40/40 there. Will this be ok?
-- I just replaced the muffler, left the cat....works well, reduced egt's and didnt mess with the feds....dont think you gain much by ditching the cat...

Also looking at a intake such as AFE stage 2 or something. (here lots saying AFEs arent worth the price) what is a good air flow filter open or not? banks, k&n etc....?
--I use the trueflow drop in with good results....i like foam oiled filters because i know they work on all of my dirtbikes.....filter and flow good...most do not like the K&N's...at least on this board and tdr

Will these mods be ok or what else should i do? I will be watching EGTS to
--gdp 392 fuel system to support the hot juice and prevent draining the rail....maybe a fp/rp guage (i like quads)...to monitor fuel sys

and update your signiture so we can see what you have as you add it.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:18 PM

whats a 392 fuel system? does it replace cp3 or lift pump?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM

ill do a search on 392
Old 12-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

The 392 is referring to the Walbro 392 pump that is used in Glaciers pump kit I am assuming. That is a great kit. I prefer the fass, but its a little more expensive since it comes with the filtering. For chips,I would recommend the Smarty and if you want more, the MP-8, and TST if your looking for big power. I also like the AFE kits. They are pricey, but their very nice kits. S&B would be my second choice. And on exhaust, I have tried lots of cominations. I recommned going with a full turbo back system and using a Donaldson 51" muffler. It gets rid of the aweful 2000 rpm drone that these truck have. Or if the noise doesn't bother you, just run the muffler that comes with the kit. I like the Magnaflow, Silverline and MBPR kits. Not a lot of difference between them besides price. Diamond Eye Exhaust makes the cheapest one on the market that I know of and its a pretty nice system. Their all probably made in the same building anyway. The stainless kits from any of these vendors anre really nice too.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:35 PM

so the edge juice attitude i have is useless? i thjought they were ok
Old 12-16-2007, 03:05 PM

is the quadzilla rail monitor easy to install?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 PM

the edge is a great product esp with the hot code, i love mine.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:26 PM

The Hot Juice is fine. It's a good box. You also don't need 5" turbo back exhaust. I 51" donaldson muffler in place of the stock muffler and cat makes a good exhaust.

What power level are you wanting to achieve? 500? 700? You will get much better advise if you let us know what your goals are and what you use the truck for.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:49 PM

I have the Edge w/ Att and it is good so far, but I haven't tried anything else. I might get the Hot unlock as well even though my clutch will hate me.

I took off my muffler and put the Aero 4040 in and a 6" tip and it sounds great and lowered EGTs a lot.. I recommend doing that as well
Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM

thanks. so leave cat or delete it? where I live we can legally delete it if we want
Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM

I like the smarty as well, but left the power adder alone as you already had one and the other mods should come next anyhow, as they're good for any power adder and are the minimal necessary ...
Old 12-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Sallyman1,
Where are you from? I just put a 5" Silverline on my truck today and you can have the CAT delete pipe if you want it? Hoping your from the Northeast close to me. It will be going out with the trash on Thursday rather than have it sitting around taking up space I do not have. I have had the TST on my truck since almost new. Definately wakes it up and helps mileage as long as you keep your foot light. The diesels are alot of fun. This is my first diesel and I enjoy working on the truck. Slowly and Steady the modifications go on. Have fun. If I had a chance to do it overI think the transmission would happen earlier. I will have a Billet transmission within a couple months. Turbo and Injectors will be next on my list. A Smarty has been ordered for my xmas stocking.

Have fun, it is addicting so be careful as it will get expensive.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get a trans first! HTS all the way , call Dusty.

Quick Reply: What to do for mods????2004.5 ram diesel