3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What aftermarket alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What aftermarket alarm?

Well it happend again tuesday morning some piece of **** rooled my truck out of the drive way and ripped the crap out of the steerin column found out the coldnt start it and left it out in the street. Mine truck was one of three in the nabor hood that was hit and the only one that they coulnt take. I wanted to see what types of aftermarket alarms everyone is using on our trucks. The factory setup is good about stoping them from takeing it but the still ripp the crap out of everything and it can only be fixed at the dealer. I was looking into a two set up but wanted some input. FYI Diesel truck theft in the south west is getting bad!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:44 AM

anyone, rants
Old 03-21-2008, 03:42 AM

With my experience(twice) i found that alarm systems and locks really only keep the honest ppl out anyway!!

I just got the Ravelco. From what I've heard about it figure its worth every penny if it keeps them from ripping it apart to try and start it, cause they know they cant!!

Good luck in whatever you choose though!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 AM

Now that's funny...has your wife seen your signature?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
anyone, rants
Anything made by a DEI-owned company (Viper, Python, Clifford, etc.).

Originally Posted by MegaMagoo3500
With my experience(twice) i found that alarm systems and locks really only keep the honest ppl out anyway!!

I just got the Ravelco. From what I've heard about it figure its worth every penny if it keeps them from ripping it apart to try and start it, cause they know they cant!!

Good luck in whatever you choose though!!!
I disagree with that. Most thieves are idiots by nature and probably have no idea what the Ravelco does. If they do have an idea of what it does, they will likely rip the dash and wiring even more while trying to bypass it. Even if they know it can't be bypassed you still have the damage done during their entry.

A good alarm will prevent them from entering the vehicle to begin with. I have the 2-way paging remote next to my bed and it will wake me up the instant someone messes with the truck.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

that's why as of next week when i move into the new house, the truck lives inside the garage.

sorry to hear about yours
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM

I wish i could fit in the garage but untill they start making them to fit full size lifted trucks im SOL. The factory key set up dose a pritty good job of stop them from actuly takeing the truck but like jrussell said dumbazzes that do this just rip everything appart. i like the ideal of the paging system so i think i will go with that type of setup but dose it work ok with the factory stuff or dose it replace it?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I know a thief (retired now since he has a family and grew up a bit) here in town and he laughs at alarms. He also laughs at the factory's attempt of security. There are modules thieves are buying online that bypass the sentry system and since all alarms are wired pretty much the same, easy again to bypass.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
I know a thief (retired now since he has a family and grew up a bit) here in town and he laughs at alarms. He also laughs at the factory's attempt of security. There are modules thieves are buying online that bypass the sentry system and since all alarms are wired pretty much the same, easy again to bypass.
That may be true, but they have to get inside the vehicle before they can bypass the alarm. That would cause it to trigger and if you have a 2-way pager in range, it's go time!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
true but they are very easy to bypass. the thieves are getting to be able to get into a rig without the alarm going off.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:43 PM

I used to use one of the bars that connect steering wheel to the brake pedal. Are they still sold? Do they still prevent theft?

I believe they were more of a pain for the theif, My hope is they go somewhere else to try and take an easier find..

No install required.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 PM

A guy i work with had his duramax's stolen twice. Still havnt found them that was over 2 years ago. He had a system installed with a 2 way pager and they still got away with it.
Upon doing some intense internet searching beacause his insurance was doubting his claim the second time. He found that he could order his factory Chipped key without proving ownership of his truck(V.I.N#) online from somewhere in mexico and also universal remotes to Deactivate alarms and 2 way paging system on most of the big and popular brand names. One of those was what he had in his truck. Upon handing over his findings to his insurance company, they did a little research themselves. 6 months later they paid him for his second truck in 2 years.
Since then iam alittle sceptical about any anti-theft devices and do believe if they want it bad enough they are gonna get(or at least keep trying to).
Old 03-22-2008, 01:11 AM

I am running the Compustar and so far loving it! Alarms most of the time aint going to stop anybody but see what you could do if this is something that has happened more than once is get a train horn and hook that up to the alarm. Know some guys that have done that and i would bet someone trying to get in and the alarm and the horn goes off will scare the hell out of someone!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 AM

my whole idea is id get the the two way system to keep the rip and tear guys out and then have the Ravelco set up installed as well
Old 03-22-2008, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
my whole idea is id get the the two way system to keep the rip and tear guys out and then have the Ravelco set up installed as well

That sounds like a good plan!

Quick Reply: What aftermarket alarm?