3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Well, 87,000 miles and injectors are done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Man oh man. As much as I just love to poke John in the ribs and have a good back and forth with him about the CR trucks, especially the 6.7's I gotta agree with him. The newer trucks while more comfy, more powerful, etc dont have the inherent reliability the older trucks do. My '90 has right at 500k on the clock. Precisely how many, Im not sure due to having to swap odometers, but I can get it within 10k miles. Nothing has ever been changed on this truck other than oil and fuel filters.

My 6.7 I am in the process of working on a moderate build. I fully suspect come 125 to 150k Im gonna have to rebuild injectors. Its just the nature of the beast.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Man oh man. As much as I just love to poke John in the ribs and have a good back and forth with him about the CR trucks, especially the 6.7's I gotta agree with him. The newer trucks while more comfy, more powerful, etc dont have the inherent reliability the older trucks do. My '90 has right at 500k on the clock. Precisely how many, Im not sure due to having to swap odometers, but I can get it within 10k miles. Nothing has ever been changed on this truck other than oil and fuel filters.

My 6.7 I am in the process of working on a moderate build. I fully suspect come 125 to 150k Im gonna have to rebuild injectors. Its just the nature of the beast.
--------------------
Blake,......I CANNOT BELIEVE you are actually agreeing with me!!! WOW!!
Just kidding buddy............... You know I love our "spirited" conversations on the CR trucks!

You know Blake, I forgot about your old 1st Gen Dodge CTD 12 valve and the amount of miles it has! Thanks for posting buddy! You work the heck out of that truck too!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RAM2500
Spooler, have you ran any sort of additive, like say for instance Stanadyne lubricity or performance Jr? Also, have you drained your water separator pretty often?

Did Don M mention as to what caused them to fail (water, dirt, algae, fuel condition)? Let us know if you could please.
I have ran additive in the past but the current fuel station I buy from has excellent fuel. Yes, i do drain the water seperators often, I have 2. Fuel filter changes, check. Every 10k for the Airdog and 15K for the factory filter which has a Baldwin PF7977. It is kinda of waste because it looks just as clean as the last time I changed it but looks can fool ya. No mention on what caused them to fail. Since he mentioned nothing about water or algae, just high return flow it was just a wear issue.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe changing the filters more often this next round? Know when the last time the FCA was changed out?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM

FCA is fine and won't make injectors go bad. I change the filters when i see a 1 psi drop in fuel pressure at idle. No issues there. I actually probably change them too soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Spooler
Post a link to the spec and test sheets if you want to prove what you are saying. No proof, these are just words.

By the way, if you wouldn't act like a know it all, people may pay more attention to you.
Just to clarify, are you asking me to post copyrighted information that I spent my time and hard earned $$ to reasearch and purchase? Respectively, you have not demonstrated any inclination to accept alternative information and I am not inclined to provide anything more definitive.

For the record, I am NOT posting the alternative information my personal gratification nor do I care if you or anybody else pays attention. My posts in this thread are a counter point to an over simplification of a complex subject and just flat out missing the boat with abreviated conclusions that have enough holes in them to sink a battle ship.

Last I checked this was discussion forum not your personal blog. The readership has the right to consume or discard any part, BUT, they have to have the whole story to make an informed decision.

BTW, thanks for dragging this down to a personal level with your misplaced comments about my motivations. Just makes it a lot easier to tell you to do your own home work rather than attempting to help.

Originally Posted by John_P
EXACTLY,.......so please keep that in mind before you go into your long "novels" on some of these diesel issues!!
Sooo, you want to condense subjects on which there ARE novels detailing them down to a couple 5 word sentences?

Do you really think that consitutes good communication and does your readership any favors? Your whole attitude and personal bias suggest a couple scenarios:

1. You don't want to hear anything that contradicts youe opinion.

2. Your an asshat because you can be.

Respectively John, get stuffed!! Thats strike 2 and you do NOT get 3, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I kept this strictly at professional level until you decided to play your stupid games. Now the truth comes out you do not want to hear anything the contradicts your personal opinions no matter how much sense it makes not how much it adds to the discussion. Rah, rah, for the cheerleaders that only mouth the party line you stuffed shirt egotistical wannabe!

Does that now get your attention? Now, go back and read what I posted and the assinine responses you and spooler have decided are appropriate. Your high and mighty concepts only apply as you see fit, fine. Do what you normally do to ANYONE that calls you out.

Last edited by John_P; 03-28-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Childish Banter
Old 03-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
No you get stuffed. Youre done here. Take your hot air elsewhere.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM

Gee's.... Messing up my good thread.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
No you get stuffed. Youre done here. Take your hot air elsewhere.
-------------------------------
THANK YOU FOR BANNING HIM Blake!!! You beat me to it Brother!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Gee's.... Messing up my good thread.
---------------------------------
Sorry Spooler! It was not my intention to mess up your thread, only add to it Sir. But at least now you can continue on without "interference."
Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by no_6_oh_no
Just to clarify, are you asking me to post copyrighted information that I spent my time and hard earned $$ to reasearch and purchase? Respectively, you have not demonstrated any inclination to accept alternative information and I am not inclined to provide anything more definitive.

For the record, I am NOT posting the alternative information my personal gratification nor do I care if you or anybody else pays attention. My posts in this thread are a counter point to an over simplification of a complex subject and just flat out missing the boat with abreviated conclusions that have enough holes in them to sink a battle ship.

Last I checked this was discussion forum not your personal blog. The readership has the right to consume or discard any part, BUT, they have to have the whole story to make an informed decision.

BTW, thanks for dragging this down to a personal level with your misplaced comments about my motivations. Just makes it a lot easier to tell you to do your own home work rather than attempting to help.

Sooo, you want to condense subjects on which there ARE novels detailing them down to a couple 5 word sentences?

Do you really think that consitutes good communication and does your readership any favors? Your whole attitude and personal bias suggest a couple scenarios:

1. You don't want to hear anything that contradicts youe opinion.

2. Your an asshat because you can be.

Respectively John, get stuffed!! Thats strike 2 and you do NOT get 3, do not pass go, do not collect $200. I kept this strictly at professional level until you decided to play your stupid games. Now the truth comes out you do not want to hear anything the contradicts your personal opinions no matter how much sense it makes not how much it adds to the discussion. Rah, rah, for the cheerleaders that only mouth the party line you stuffed shirt egotistical wannabe!

Does that now get your attention? Now, go back and read what I posted and the assinine responses you and spooler have decided are appropriate. Your high and mighty concepts only apply as you see fit, fine. Do what you normally do to ANYONE that calls you out.

First of all you take "simple" subject information and fluff it out into a complex, over thought, and over stated merry go round of confusion that you apparently enjoy and it obviously helps you to feel good about yourself.

Here is another example, post #18 on.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...t301803p2.html

Let me "clarify", back tracking, back tracking, back tracking.

Condensing and simplifying information is the most effective way to communicate.

John P loses more overall Cummins information when he farts than what you provided in most of your posts. He also has decades of practical experience to back up his knowledge. Attempting to chastise him was the wrong thing to do and a clear indication of your character flaws.

For the record, you were correct about one thing, you will NOT be posting any alternative information, or anything else at all for that matter...

Glad Blake got to you first.

Back on topic,, I just put 6 Bosch remans in my truck, runs like a scolded dog, fuel economy is up and throttle response is much better..
Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow!...somebody FINALLY hit a home run .....

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Well, 87,000 miles and injectors are done!!!!-clue-bat.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
---------------------------------
Sorry Spooler! It was not my intention to mess up your thread, only add to it Sir. But at least now you can continue on without "interference."
No problem John, my intent of this whole thread was to educate folks to be ready for an injector issue and save up for the expensive repair. I talked with Tim at TRE for F1 (Don) and the guys at Exergy before my issue happened. Both companies do alot of injector work. They both stated at 120,000 was when they started seeing major return flow and that is when they recommended remans with upgraded tips. If the data from 06_oh_no was presented, I was ready to read and learn. As we see, that didn't happen.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Administrator

No problem John, my intent of this whole thread was to educate folks to be ready for an injector issue and save up for the expensive repair. I talked with Tim at TRE for F1 (Don) and the guys at Exergy before my issue happened. Both companies do alot of injector work. They both stated at 120,000 was when they started seeing major return flow and that is when they recommended remans with upgraded tips. If the data from 06_oh_no was presented, I was ready to read and learn. As we see, that didn't happen.
----------------------------
Exactly right Spooler! And Tim and Don are two of the best on these CR Injector Issues. Thanks for your reply Sir!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Injectors are on the way back. Should be on the big brown truck today or tomorrow. So much for 2 Weeks, more like 1 week turn around. Tim and Don can get it done.....

Quick Reply: Well, 87,000 miles and injectors are done!!!!