3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Warranty Voided

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup , Partial/and or Multiple restrictions on 14 - Fuel system! You can fight it all you want, good luck, is all I have to say. There is one thing I can think of that you could use for ammo against them. IF the pressure was raised soooo high that it blew an injector, why did the fuel pressure limiting valve not do its job? That would be ONE question that I would be asking. Much past that, I don't know of anything that could be of help.

OPERATION
Fuel pressure at the fuel rail is monitored by the fuel rail pressure sensor. If fuel pressure becomes excessive, the pressure limiting valve opens and vents excess pressure into the fuel drain circuit.

Much past that.......you're on your own, unfortunately. I know in your very first post, you didn't want to hear the "you play, you pay" but this is textbook example. If you are speeding, you know when you are doing it, and you have to take responsibility if you are caught, and pay the ticket. Why would this be any different? Just because Dodge is a large corporation, they should not have to take you to raise! You are a big boy now, you upped the ante by buying a power adder. Now go and play like big boys do and pay your bills.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mysterync
Now , If it was voided it tells me its voided, the only restrictions on it are the basic restrictions, Your Warranty isnt voided

PPS You show no service records what so ever, If they worked on your truck we would know, if your truck went in for service it would explain the service, for the warranty to be voided you would have to have had history there

You should look again
Old 10-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Will Dodge void your warranty if you do your own service? Mine has not seen the dealer in a year.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:43 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

NO! Now that is where the Magnusun Act comes in. The routine maintenance and replacement of factory service items with aftermarket parts does NOT have to be #1 performed by the dealer, and #2 does not have the use OEM parts.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by bob4x4
You should look again
Dont be so sure,
I did some research of my own, Call Star Center

When you can tell me whats voided i might listen to ya
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Dont be so sure,
I did some research of my own, Call Star Center

When you can tell me whats voided i might listen to ya
Dude ! where's the flyers ?

On topic now.... My nav radio broke and I went to the dealer to have it warrantied. They said they wouldn't replace it because of all the modifications to my truck I said... you have got to be kidding right ? What in the world would any mod I've done to my truck have to do with the radio ?? The sent me packin'

It came down to dealers choice from what I was told. I ended up going to the dealer I bought the truck from ( farther away than the first ). They couldn't have been any nicer about it. The parts/service manager contacted the local rep who also calls on the cheesy dealer that turned me down.

The local rep made the dealer do the replacement for me. They did it very reluctantly and from what I was told... tried their best to have the rep revoke my entire warranty because of my mods. Apparently, it can be done.

The point here is.... it's entirely up to the dealer on how far they will go with you. Larger dealerships aren't as scared to work with you. Smart dealerships aren't scared to work with you ( because that how customer service should be ) but, the little dealerships have more to loose and it's easier for them to blow you off than to make their claim to Chrysler.

The service manager I spoke with came from Texas which he say is one of the biggest law suit states in the country. He said he's been in court numerous times in the dealerships defense. He says you'll never win in a court battle with the manufacturers. The Mag/Moss at is a joke and every time it was brought up, it didn't help a bit.

Bottom line, the manufacturers have been doing what they do for a long time. They're NOT going to let thing slide by and they're not going to let the public know they can be beat in court.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:44 PM

There On the Way when i get em made!!!!! Haha
As far as that go, im not trying to argue it could be voided, but wouldnt we be seeing more information on the fact? All the trucks with voided WRNTY status they made it very clear on there interface? Why would they not on this one?

just my thoughts, id bet you can take this truck elsewhere and get wrnty just fine, Restrictions that i've been involved with your just required to call star center and get approved on the parts, Now secondly i didnt want to be the one to have my dealer call and see whats going on and make things worse, But that say they'd turn it in on wrnty , Even if it had to be called in on star factory injector failures are becoming very "Normal" it should provide no problem! Sorry if that message seemed rude bob, it wasnt directed that way!
Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM

Yeah why don't you take the banks off and try your luck with another dealer
b4 you shell out cash for injectors? Btw mysterync would you mind running my vin? I bought my truck 2nd hand and have never checked it out. I would appreicate it.

3D7KS28C36G244460
Old 10-07-2007, 08:36 AM

I need to know how many miles are on your truck and your name , just pm me
Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 AM

There On the Way when i get em made!!!!! Haha
As far as that go, im not trying to argue it could be voided, but wouldnt we be seeing more information on the fact? All the trucks with voided WRNTY status they made it very clear on there interface? Why would they not on this one?

just my thoughts, id bet you can take this truck elsewhere and get wrnty just fine, Restrictions that i've been involved with your just required to call star center and get approved on the parts, Now secondly i didnt want to be the one to have my dealer call and see whats going on and make things worse, But that say they'd turn it in on wrnty , Even if it had to be called in on star factory injector failures are becoming very "Normal" it should provide no problem! Sorry if that message seemed rude bob, it wasnt directed that way!
star factory injector failures are becoming very "Normal" -What does this mean? Also, i am kind of limited to how much I can move my truck around because all I have for tow duty is the womans Durango. I know I have fuel in my block and I don't want to screw things up even more. Is there anyway I can check to see if I went to another dealer that they won't hoist the big red flag as soon as I tow it in?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Oneloudblaze302
Yeah why don't you take the banks off and try your luck with another dealer
b4 you shell out cash for injectors? Btw mysterync would you mind running my vin? I bought my truck 2nd hand and have never checked it out. I would appreicate it.

3D7KS28C36G244460
I would not post my vin on a public forum.Too much info to strangers is not a good thing.You have just given out your Name,address,phone # and a few other bits of info.I always recommend PMing this to protect your info.

Bob
Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 AM

your truck dose not show to have had any service, just the restrictions!
Secondly , I agree with bob on this, if your considering talking vin always pm it, If for no other reason a dealer could make your life harder that way! As i was saying factory injector failures on factory trucks is becoming very comon!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

You still haven't explained the restrictions.......I have run several vins and that one was the only one to show like that. Others have kind of a general restrictions, but the restricted LOP's are listed. That one ( the original poster's ) said multiple restrictions..... Have you called STAR? I have access the DealerConnect, but I no longer work at the dealer, so STAR won't talk to me! LOL Just curious as to an answer for future reference.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm curious on that as well , as i stated i also have access but dont work for the dealership! I didnt want to be the one to have my dealer rep investigate and Really get the guys wrnty. dropped! I dont honestly think he would be completly voided. (And for those of you think we're still arguing the fact, we're not, we're trying to research and get all the information we can!)

In fact, From what im seeing trucks are wrnty'd every day with LOP and Basic Restrictions, I did some research for my local DC dealer the other day trying to find some reason on drivetrain noise on an 06 which had restrictions, but nothing affecting anything, as a matter of fact, it was the first time the truck had been in!
I'm not sure whats going on with that!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned

It makes logical sense not to take on dealer / factory in court. However, has anyone tried small claims court? A lot simpler, no big shot layers just simple facts, and the limits are high enough to cover a lot of repairs.

Quick Reply: Warranty Voided