3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

upgraded to AD150..and still no diff in power on my F1 Flux 2's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:35 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the Quad fooled the boost whether it was turned on or not? Maybe thats the TST I am thinking about.

Either way, the boost needs to be fooled for the truck to run the best. The rail pressure needs to be fooled and amped up some as well.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Don M
I thought the Quad fooled the boost whether it was turned on or not? Maybe thats the TST I am thinking about.

Either way, the boost needs to be fooled for the truck to run the best. The rail pressure needs to be fooled and amped up some as well.

You are Correct about the Quad. If it is plugged in and you have the boost fooling software loaded on the X2 module, it is doing boost fooling.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Don M

Don
would a flux 4 or 5 in my 03 give me around 150 to 160 hp??

what flux would you recommend me doing for max hp on my 03 the way its setup??
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
You are Correct about the Quad. If it is plugged in and you have the boost fooling software loaded on the X2 module, it is doing boost fooling.
i still dont think my quad is fooling boost when the power settings are off

if that the case the it would run better with the injectors not??

when the quad is off and the smarty is off and when it hits 30lbs of boost you can feel the truck defuel
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 PM

Is your Quad an X2? If so, have you tried a different quad program with your box? Maybe try reloading the program.

Something definitely isn't right. Your truck with stock programming and the Flux 2's should spool the turbo fine. It may take a little longer but it should build boost past 30, and the Smarty turned on should really get you past 30 for sure.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 AM

All this nonsense about having to have electronics to take advantage of the injectors is just that - nonsense. Prior to my twins, I was running an A3k turbo. With no electronics I picked up 120hp over stock with my 1.8s and the truck was definitely faster than stock. Now, that was with boost fooling and seeing about 40psi on the dyno and about 45psi on the street. It sounds to me like the whole problem is the boost. Talk to Quad about the boost fooling issue. If your box doesn't fool when it's off, ask him if you can run a separate fooler. I would expect your truck to feel very slow with only 30psi with the fueling of the injectors. As for the flux 4s or 5s, you do not have enough turbo to run an injector that big. Get your boost issue fixed and I'll bet you are happy with the injectors you have. I love my 1.8s.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by omaharam
All this nonsense about having to have electronics to take advantage of the injectors is just that - nonsense. Prior to my twins, I was running an A3k turbo. With no electronics I picked up 120hp over stock with my 1.8s and the truck was definitely faster than stock. Now, that was with boost fooling and seeing about 40psi on the dyno and about 45psi on the street. It sounds to me like the whole problem is the boost. Talk to Quad about the boost fooling issue. If your box doesn't fool when it's off, ask him if you can run a separate fooler. I would expect your truck to feel very slow with only 30psi with the fueling of the injectors. As for the flux 4s or 5s, you do not have enough turbo to run an injector that big. Get your boost issue fixed and I'll bet you are happy with the injectors you have. I love my 1.8s.
what you got to realize is that my truck is the 03..smaller engine then youres..big diff from my brothers 06 then mine..but i agree with you on the boost fooling i need to call quadzilla about that
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by kdbvulcan
what you got to realize is that my truck is the 03..smaller engine then youres..
Maybe you answered your own question since you are starting out from a 2003 SO truck... (based on what you have in your signature)?

What's an SO - 235 HP at the crank?

That's about 200 rwHP... then add +/- 100 HP from the Flux 2's to put you at ~300 rwHP.

My 305/555 when stock dynoed about 280 rwHP and, yeah, it felt like a turd then!

NOTE..with the smarty and quad off and injectors alone,I raced a bone stock 05 CR and he beat in a 1/4 mile run
A bone stock 05 is probably a few rwHP higher than my 305/555 when stock and about par with your SO truck with injectors. Further, the 05 probably spools a heck of a lot faster than your Super B Special.

IF I TURN THE SMARTY ON AND THE QUAD UP A LITTLE I CAN BOOST 45++..

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SMARTY AND THE QUAD OFF AND JUST THE INJECTORS ONLY
The 05 stock programming probably doesn't make it defuel on the top end of boost, whereas in your truck you're going over the stock boost limit in the ECM (I think it was 22 psi or so on the 03/04 trucks) and the Quad isn't doing squat when off.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by JStieger
Maybe you answered your own question since you are starting out from a 2003 SO truck... (based on what you have in your signature)?

What's an SO - 235 HP at the crank?

That's about 200 rwHP... then add +/- 100 HP from the Flux 2's to put you at ~300 rwHP.

My 305/555 when stock dynoed about 280 rwHP and, yeah, it felt like a turd then!

A bone stock 05 is probably a few rwHP higher than my 305/555 when stock and about par with your SO truck with injectors. Further, the 05 probably spools a heck of a lot faster than your Super B Special.

The 05 stock programming probably doesn't make it defuel on the top end of boost, whereas in your truck you're going over the stock boost limit in the ECM (I think it was 22 psi or so on the 03/04 trucks) and the Quad isn't doing squat when off.
well...even when i turn the quad on it still seems deader then it should

I geuss I was kinda comparing it to our 01 work truck we have,it has a set of F1 90's in it and a bigger turbo and it would easy beat my 03 even with the Quad on 1... every truck runs diff I geuss..HuH??
Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 AM

i changed from ddp90s to flux2.5s this fall,have not dynoed yet but it runs good, i use stock programming daily driving and towing and the silver 62 has no problem making 40-45psi on stock programming and would take on any stock truck with a 120hp programmer.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:29 PM
tcr

Ken, I think your expecting too much from just the injectors on your trucks stock fueling w/ your smarty and quad box off. When I do the same I only see 35 psi or so w/ DDP 90s, with the smarty only, I'll see 48-49psi, when I add the quad(psi only) I see over 50 psi. I think people expect to see alot of power increase from just injectors on stock trucks and it just doesn't happen unless they're huge tips w/ alot of CP3. By the way don't compare or listen to these 04.5-07 guys and their #s, some still dont realize how different an 03-04 truck is from an 04.5+.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
I was kind of thinking the same. If you are buying 90hp or 120hp tips that is HP rated on stock electronics, not with a box added of some sort. I would think that Flux 1.8s would most likely be fine at maintaining rail pressure. They are not that big. I would say get your boost issues fixed and you will be alright. Pick up a seperate boost fooler to see if you can fix your boost problem. Then if so you can start from there.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Ken, I think your expecting too much from just the injectors on your trucks stock fueling w/ your smarty and quad box off. When I do the same I only see 35 psi or so w/ DDP 90s, with the smarty only, I'll see 48-49psi, when I add the quad(psi only) I see over 50 psi. I think people expect to see alot of power increase from just injectors on stock trucks and it just doesn't happen unless they're huge tips w/ alot of CP3. By the way don't compare or listen to these 04.5-07 guys and their #s, some still dont realize how different an 03-04 truck is from an 04.5+.
i am gonna upgrade them anyway

also you cant run the boost fooler plus the Quad can you???
Old 12-21-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
"No other upgrade on a Dodge Common Rail can provide the stump pulling torque that a set of ******* Diesel injector nozzles can. Some of the electronic boxes available today can actually crack your injectors, causing thousands of dollars in repair bills. Be confident that you have a mechanical change that will add reliable power, without the headaches. If reduced smoke, more power, and better mileage are what you are after, then you have come to the right place."

"This injector set will give you 50+ horsepower at the wheels. They have been used un trucks making over 600 horsepower on fuel only. If you are looking for a mild upgrade with the potential to make great power, then these are the way to go. If you have to make big power and care less about mileage and smoke, then we recommend the 90 horsepower set. We also have larger nozzles for those of you with dual or modified cp3 pumps."

So what you guys are saying is that this is not true? The only way to even get the measily 50hp is with a box? I don't know if I really agree.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:34 PM

My Flux 2's added 103 hp. Measured same day, pre injectors and post, no modules on the truck, and stock program.

I will say that a Stg. 2 pump went on at the same time, but there was an issue with that pump.

Quick Reply: upgraded to AD150..and still no diff in power on my F1 Flux 2's