3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck pulls

I hope this is the right forum sorry if not but I am thinking about setting my truck up and want to try some truck pulls next year. I have a 04.5 1 ton crew cab short box . Im on my way to a 6 in lift and 37's. My question is what i need to do to my truck to even compete. I realize this is going to cost some money...a lot. I am not looking to win...just to be competitive. I have gathered that first i need to upgrtade the tranny so right there I am looking at 5 grand? correct? What else? intake and straight pipe exaust is covered. im thinking the edge tuner but do i need turbo upgrades and fuel, injectors and such? between the tranny, computer and wheels/tires I am already $10,000 into the truck from my calculations. Advice is grately apreciated. Im new to this stuff as yolu can probably tell. I just want to get some fun outta this beast.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:53 AM

Pulling

I haven't pulled myself so that tells you what my input is worth , but it would seem to me that your fighting a losing battle in that your tires are going to be way tooooooooooooo tall with 3:73 rear gears to pull affectively. Just my $.02.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by OT-OF-Here
I haven't pulled myself so that tells you what my input is worth , but it would seem to me that your fighting a losing battle in that your tires are going to be way tooooooooooooo tall with 3:73 rear gears to pull affectively. Just my $.02.
ssssnnnnaaaaappppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have u ever even been to a truck pull before? 6" is an awful lot bud. driveshaft, gears, universal joints.........just my thoughts