3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Towed with new Triple Dog yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Towed with new Triple Dog yesterday

Took the trailer out yesterday (6k lbs) to see how the truck would handle the additional power in Tow mode. Surprisingly, it ran cooler than stock with max EGT's of about 1260 on a 6% grade and that was just for a couple of seconds. This with a stock airbox and stock exhaust!

The Tow mode really cames in handy on the moderate hills or passing other vehicles where it would typically need to down shift. I couldn't confirm mileage becuase I didn't fill up before and after, plus it was very windy around here yesterday so it probably wouldn't have been a fair comparison anyhow.

After driving around with the new BDDL for a couple of weeks I would have to give it a thumbs up!

Karl
Old 03-19-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1tuffdiesel
Took the trailer out yesterday (6k lbs) to see how the truck would handle the additional power in Tow mode. Surprisingly, it ran cooler than stock with max EGT's of about 1260 on a 6% grade and that was just for a couple of seconds. This with a stock airbox and stock exhaust!

The Tow mode really cames in handy on the moderate hills or passing other vehicles where it would typically need to down shift. I couldn't confirm mileage becuase I didn't fill up before and after, plus it was very windy around here yesterday so it probably wouldn't have been a fair comparison anyhow.

After driving around with the new BDDL for a couple of weeks I would have to give it a thumbs up!

Karl
Another satisfied customer, congratulations!
Mike
###