3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Toolbox help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toolbox help

I want to know what you guys have in your Quad Cab/short beds for tool boxes. I really want a chest but I'm not sure what size will fit. Let me know about your chest boxes. Any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM

I have a nice chrome plated tool box that mounts below box line. Works excellent. I will post some pics when I get it back from the shop

Kevin
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 PM

Here is mine. I got it at the local JD dealership. I had it modified to fit around my stacks.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:28 PM

Buck shot - did you just get them to cut a hole in the box, and weld some diamond plate in? Did they do the welds on the inside or the out? Ive been thinking about doing this to cover up a smoke box, and would love to do that.

Also, do you have problems with the tool box lid hitting the stacks when you open it all the way?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by I Love GRITS
Buck shot - did you just get them to cut a hole in the box, and weld some diamond plate in? Did they do the welds on the inside or the out? Ive been thinking about doing this to cover up a smoke box, and would love to do that.

Also, do you have problems with the tool box lid hitting the stacks when you open it all the way?
It's hard to describe. I had them notch out the corners, cut a section out of the rear of the box to slide over the y-pipe, but left a section on the rear for the tray to still slide. I drew the cut lines on the box and they cut and welded everything into place. The way I designed it, they pretty much cut the area, flipped it around and welded it back into place as you can see the section of diamond plate on the inside. There was no extra plating added. It was re-assembled using what was cut out. The welds are in the inside. If I left moved the box out an inch or so the lid cleared, it looked terrible. So I moved the box as close as I could get it, I took a malet and re-shaped the corners to fit around the contour of the stack (It didn't turn out as nice as I had hoped) but it works.

Tye