3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tnt... Wow!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah, it's gotta be something with the 03-04 injectors. I think that I heard that the newer injectors stop this problem with the same tune... don't quote me on that...
Probably because the 555 injectors are re-entrant... so the piston bowl is also guilty.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well when i stood in it with my truck as soon as the turbo lit it started. I wouldnt call it the same as a back fire sound, it literally was popping. As if my timing were way off or something. sorry i cant tell you much more. i Know it seemed awesome but i changed back immediatley. im trying to get the betas for an S06 any one? bigjohnston was going to email them to me but i have yet to hear back fom him
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 AM

What's different besides the 4k? I'll try it if you want to send it to me... scdtr@hotmail.com.
i honestly don't know what the difference is but i know that w/ the tnt, my truck used to stumble, hesitate (i'm not sure how to explain it) for about 200rpms at around 2000rpms. with the tnt/r it runs super smooth and just feels stronger. you can also adjust the tnt/r to run stock rpms

as far as sending it to you well......you know i would help you if i could. however the wife decided to delete bob's e-mail and it is now forever lost!!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:19 PM

What's different besides the 4k? I'll try it if you want to send it to me... scdtr@hotmail.com.
You can only get the TNT/R tune from Mr. Bob, it's assigned to the vin # of the persons truck, other wise I'd gladly send you the tune.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM

I recently went to the TNT and I have had no issues with popping etc. I went as far a level seven and that is a monster. I haven't tried nine yet. Perhaps the Flux2 injectors help?

Jim
Old 07-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Jammin... that's good info.

Thanks, fellas. Guess I gotta get some springs.

Maybe if I stopped sleeping and worked 3 jobs, I could have my truck near where I want it!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:37 PM

Jammin... that's good info.

Thanks, fellas. Guess I gotta get some springs.

Maybe if I stopped sleeping and worked 3 jobs, I could have my truck near where I want it!
Ain't that the truth....after my main job, I go to my back garage to work on someone else's toy to fund my toys, then I have to find time to install the goodies on my stuff.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 PM

hi guys

with tnt tm on stock injectors i have no popping.
with tm on aftermarket injectors i have popping....
Old 07-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
Ain't that the truth....after my main job, I go to my back garage to work on someone else's toy to fund my toys, then I have to find time to install the goodies on my stuff.
Yeah, after I come back from leave, I'm planning on looking for another job, but to pay bills... spending money on the truck is going to have to get put on hold for a while.

Originally Posted by chrigu
hi guys

with tnt tm on stock injectors i have no popping.
with tm on aftermarket injectors i have popping....
I have not studied up on this problem very much, but I have heard of it quite a bit. Use the search and see what you come up with, or start a new thread, you'll probably get a lot better response that way. Good luck...
Old 07-20-2009, 12:25 PM

I have tried every setting on the TNT, and there is popping on my truck. So I put the Beta 4.2 back in. That would be neet if they fixed the popping problem. I would like to see if it fuels harder, OR make more power than the 4.2 on the dyno.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

It fuels harder, I can tell you that. I have to use the MP-8 on the track to get the rail pressure to max out, the other day in town, I got on it with the TNT on 5 at 70 on the pod, and my RP went over 26,5... (that's where I have my alarm set at)!

I gotta go back to the revo, this tune is just way too much for my truck around town. I'm a little laggy with my turbo, and I smoke out traffic with out even trying... and I don't like to do that at all.

Maybe when I get some springs, Mr. Bob will send me that TNT/R tune, and I can see if that's any better. I don't even think that I'll use the TNT at the track... not enough cowbell...
Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 PM

With out my mp-8 plugged in and checking stuff out with the scanner. my rail preasure it 24,500. when I use to have a rail gauge (quad now in garbage) use to go to 26,400.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

I've seen over 27k before, I'm scared about popping the rail. Don't have the money to fix it, so I don't want to tear it up.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:36 AM

I've seen over 27k before, I'm scared about popping the rail. Don't have the money to fix it, so I don't want to tear it up.
I hit 27,500 when I have the rp on 1 and MP-8 60% at least once a week. I have a cap and all I did on that was pull the bolt, tap it with a 1/4'' and put a set screw with loctite in it. I've had no issues at all, yet......

Come on man, you're wussing out on the power??? I have my tnt-r on sw7, tq 4, rp 1, tm 2 and on 99 all the time. My foot gets heavy on the go pedal when there's no traffic. When I was on 1st shift (my hours for work was start time 4:30 am) I'd hit 120mph + almost every morning when there was no one else in front of me, (clear shot for the last mile to work) it only took me 2-3 min. to get to work since I live 2.2 miles away. Good way to start the day with an adrenoline rush. If there was anyone else on the road ahead, I didn't do it.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 AM

I just put the TNT-R on last night and Im still playing with it. It definately seems to run hard, just not as violent off the bottom as the 4.2. I've got some cut-out a few seconds after hammering on it, but then it seems to pick up and take off. I'll add more info once I do some more test runs! I think I needs fuel!

Quick Reply: Tnt... Wow!!