3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steedspeed 3rd Gen exhaust manifold...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so once again the max gain wasnt 143 but more like 16,which is believable.saying the increase is due to the loading of the dyno and providing more hp in an earlier rpm range is not saying its an increase.plus that was not even close to a stock cr.they should put that manifold on a stock cr(no mods) and see what it does on the dyno,and even run it on different types of dynos as i have heard some can be manipulated to show better #s and gains.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by goalie2
Ok so once again the max gain wasnt 143 but more like 16,which is believable.saying the increase is due to the loading of the dyno and providing more hp in an earlier rpm range is not saying its an increase.plus that was not even close to a stock cr.they should put that manifold on a stock cr(no mods) and see what it does on the dyno,and even run it on different types of dynos as i have heard some can be manipulated to show better #s and gains.
Do some reading on a lug back test. It will be the same test Cummins uses on the engine for testing while on a load cell dyno. Inertia dynos aren't real accurate and can't perform a lug back test. No need to change the manifold of a stock truck. Just silly. Useable power under the curve is what most folks are after when modifying.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM

I guess im not getting my point across accurately.What i am saying is if someone bought that manifold based on the dyno sheet posted,then dynoed their truck,they probably wouldnt get anywhere near a 143hp increase.Therefor that person would (1)badmouth said product,(2)claim false advertising.Now I know(as well as others) that manufacturers post up dyno results for their products,as well as mpg gains,that a less experienced individual would say "your intake said 50hp increase and I got 5 hp".I am just saying that someone is gonna see 143hp increase for that manifold,buy it and install it and not get 143 hp increase and be very dissapointed.I,personally,could care less about dynos and huge hp numbers.Yes its awesome to see all these high hp trucks but I wouldnt want to own one and foot the bills when stuff blows(kinda off topic but oh well).
Old 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Yeap, the overall hp/tq gain is not that much. By the way, Steedspeed did not do the dyno session. It was a test that was done by Fleece. They wanted to know how it would do for their customers.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM

yeah that was my point,but boy imagine if it did give that gain oh boy that would be a sweet xmas present!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM

Has anyone actually received one of these manifolds? I ordered mine on December 20th and so far nothing...

S
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM

I got mine late last week. I need to get some gaskets and such before I install it. The guy I ordered from keep me up to date about what was going on. It was just slow due to a coating issue they had to resolve.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sconnors11
Has anyone actually received one of these manifolds? I ordered mine on December 20th and so far nothing...

S
Mine took about a month to get and i"m only one province over,e-mail them and find out as they always responded to my questions.Maybe they are swamped with orders.DW
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 AM

Finally took some time off and got my Steedspeed on today. I got just what I thought I should and the dyno graphs showed. I get a lot better spoolup in the 1400 to 1700 rpm range. It will be a while before I tow again. About a month and a half, I just got hay last weekend. This will be the real test under a load. I did get one benefit. I had to move the exhaust back forward 1/4 in. to meet up with the turbo. If you have ever installed an aftermarket turbo you will see that you have to move the exhaust back 1/4 in and everything is real close to the firewall. Not anymore with this manifold.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend put one on his '05 and spool up was quicker and the temps dropped 150-200° when towing and empty. Didn't notice a big difference riding in it afterwards. His truck is all Banks also. Probably worth it just for the drop in temps.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Torn between this one or the "STAINLESS" diesel one---both look like quality pieces---Steedspeed is a bit cheaper though.DW
I got the stainless it comes in the 2cd gen style.It will help the turbo spool quicker by about 20% you will need a new down pipe as well with the second gen type.Johnny at stainless diesel is pretty good about getting them to you asap.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Tows much better. The dead spots I had at 1300-1600rpm are gone. It will spool the turbo now and just go. EGT's aren't an issue anymore when this happens. I definitely had a drop in EGT's while towing also. Smoke is also much lower.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
In a real situation I am expecting this.

When I tow, 21000lbs, I have to feather the throttle starting out to get on top of the charger and not create a smoke show. With the manifold, I am expecting an improvement in this area. A reduction in smoke due to the charger lighting off faster creating more boost (air) for a cleaner burn. A cleaner burn means more HP.
I think a Stainless Diesel manifold and twins are in my future. I have a GT3782R and it is a nice little charger just really needs a bigger brother under it to help keep the load moving so the little guy doesn't have to work so hard... Will Steed make one of those pretty manifolds in a 2nd gen configuration for twins?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by commtrd
I think a Stainless Diesel manifold and twins are in my future. I have a GT3782R and it is a nice little charger just really needs a bigger brother under it to help keep the load moving so the little guy doesn't have to work so hard... Will Steed make one of those pretty manifolds in a 2nd gen configuration for twins?
They do make one. It will be modified to accept an external gate.