3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SP Diesel Stage IIE

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP Diesel Stage IIE

I noticed quite a few guys have asked here recently about the products and service from the guys at SP Diesel. I have also had some contact me cause they have seen the SP pressure box in my signature and most everyone knows I used it on all my dyno runs. I'm not quite sure why most threads get locked or disappear and I am not heading in that direction anyway. All people need are unbiased opinions and this is all I can offer.

First off it has some nice features built in. Like the boost pressure gauge, rail pressure gauge, idle pressure adjustments and on the fly adjustability. I like the fact that I do not have to always run around with my box set on kill and only use it when I want to. Not too mention I can tune my pressure where I want it so I do not have to worry about pressures getting out of control or if they are too low.

Powerwise I think it has become a very nice and refined box. There first box they made (the eliminator) had some issues around high output equipment. One guy that's a local group member had a 500 watt linear amp on his truck. When he would key it up the truck would die, the lights would flicker and the gauges went nuts. LOL. They kept Tom in mind and designed their new box around people like him and offered him one free of charge to try to see if he could bring it down. To date Tom has not been able to do so.

Some people close to me know I had some issues with my previous box and had to ship it back for warranty. I received my new one in a very timely manner and instead of getting a reconditioned box or my old one fixed, they sent me a brand new box. The funny thing was it was not even their fault. Upon looking at the connections it turns out I did not have one totally seated.

I know they have had some growing pains as it seems as though things grew faster than they expected, but all in all I must say I am very happy with the product and plan to buy one for my wife's 06.

Not looking for arguments, I have just figured I would put it out there for those that have been interested.