3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Sound Clips of 600 with Straight Pipe..Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know if I straight piped mine it would have a little more whistle than that sound clip I would think so at least, cause i have the torque tube on it correct? And would get even more whistle out the exhaust with an intake filter kit from afe, and no silencer, correct? I would like to hear a whistle from the exhaust, if that sound clip had turbo whistle out the exhaust it would be near about perfect! Soory feeling long winded today
Old 01-26-2005, 03:20 PM

I had the torque tube on mine for a while and took it off. It sounds awesome on there, just got a little bothersome when being on the road very long.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by natebert
Thanks for the sound clip.
Sounds great!
Have you done any silencer ring/inflo tube modifications?
Yup, silencer is removed, AFE intake and removed baffles out of stock torque tube.

Originally posted by Graphite600
I know if I straight piped mine it would have a little more whistle than that sound clip I would think so at least, cause i have the torque tube on it correct? And would get even more whistle out the exhaust with an intake filter kit from afe, and no silencer, correct? I would like to hear a whistle from the exhaust, if that sound clip had turbo whistle out the exhaust it would be near about perfect! Soory feeling long winded today
Nope... I've done everything pretty much the same as you... except you bought a Torque Tube and I jsut removed the baffles out of the stock one. I've tried to take some vid clips while driving of the exhaust and the intake whistle, but it's too hard to really pick them up. Also, I haven't heard many Dodge's with the Turbo sound ouf of the exhaust... at least not nearly as much as the Ford's PS do.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:27 AM

The first thing i did was pull my muffler out. I like it alot better without the county fair show winning watermelon. I love the sound and so do my neighbors. I've set off a number of car alarms and it sure does get people's attention. The best part is when a little honda civic pulls up to with its windows down.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:24 AM

The best part is when a little honda civic pulls up to with its windows down.
yep, especially when you get on it with your exhaust pointing into their drivers side window...

i've had some drivers close their window next to my exhaust, and i've had a few drivers close their window when they've been next to my pass side fender... with the bhaf and piping the turbo is pretty loud when you get on it... i never knew how loud it was until i went for a spin in some underground parking...
Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds good
Old 02-01-2005, 10:04 PM

getting mine straight piped tomorrow at 4. i hope its not too loud. i want it deeeeep but not too loud. we'll see how it goes
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 PM

oh man This thing sounds so awesome. in town this thing will probably set off car alarms. On the highway its barely louder than it was stock. this thing is so awesome. when i pass people, you can hear the exhaust echo off their car and it vibrates the truck. i am loving it.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:46 PM

Told ya...
Old 02-03-2005, 06:54 AM

StrokethisCTD,

Is it completly straight piped? I want to do mine this weekend
but I'm not sure I want to remove that Kitty!

It's not to load is it? Is it a good deep tone?

I listened to Bubba CTD's exhuast and it sounds pretty good and
he left his kitty on!

I don't want to give the dealership any reasons to deny warranty work!
With my luck I'd bring the truck in for a Rear end problem and they would
Try to blame it on me for removing the Kitty!

Either way, I can't wait to open it up and make it rumble!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 12:23 PM

That's why I left the Kitty... didn't wany any possible problems in the lengthy warranty as much as I can help it. Knowning how **** they are about CATs on gassers, I jsut left it. One less thing for them to try and go after me about.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned

the cat kills a lot of the turbo whistle through the exhaust...

changing the intake tubing, etc. has no effect on turbo sound through the exhaust...

straight piping will yield the most turbo sound through the exhaust, and the larger the turbine wheel, the more prominant the sound! IE, my HX40 is LOUD through the exhaust compared to my buddy's stock 04.5 600.

the best sound through the exhaust is a big honkin turbo on a set of twins... the first turbo kills some of the noise, making the second turbo that much more prominant!

Forrest
Old 02-03-2005, 08:15 PM

mine is a pipe from the turbo to the exhaust tip. no cat, no muffler.

People tell me my truck would put a semi to shame when i am accellerating lightly. at full throttle its actually not loud above 30mph, but on regular accelleration its loud. on the highway at 70 it is just barely louder than stock.

http://www.dodgetrucks.org/home/shau...aightPipe2.MPG

there is a video from a dead stop going full throttle. the engine sound kind of takes over, but when i start accellerating, you can hear how deep it is. it is VERY deep. i love the sound of it.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by StrokeThisCTD

People tell me my truck would put a semi to shame when i am accellerating lightly.
I don't know any other way to say this than to just come out and say it... whoever is telling you that has never heard a straight piped semi!!!

I've got a buddy with a straight piped 600 auto just like yours... nowhere NEAR a semi... got another buddy who ran straight 5" on his 600 6sp truck for a while. sounded decent, but my truck sounded better... the HPCR engines just don't make the same kinda noises like the big trucks. don't get me wrong, I still love the way a straight piped 3rd gen sounds!

and don't think I'm tootin' my own horn. my truck sounds good, but it doesn't hold a candle to a semi... even a little 12.7 blowing through a single 5" straight stack would put my truck to shame.

but a cranked up big motor'd truck making 600-700+hp blowing through a pair of 7-8" straight bull haulers will give you goosebumps and make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end when they roll into the throttle coming up a hill.

my truck sounds GOOD if I do say so myself... but it doesn't put a semi to shame... (it does put my buddy's 600 to shame )

Forrest
Old 02-03-2005, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing
I don't know any other way to say this than to just come out and say it... whoever is telling you that has never heard a straight piped semi!!!

I've got a buddy with a straight piped 600 auto just like yours... nowhere NEAR a semi... got another buddy who ran straight 5" on his 600 6sp truck for a while. sounded decent, but my truck sounded better... the HPCR engines just don't make the same kinda noises like the big trucks. don't get me wrong, I still love the way a straight piped 3rd gen sounds!

and don't think I'm tootin' my own horn. my truck sounds good, but it doesn't hold a candle to a semi... even a little 12.7 blowing through a single 5" straight stack would put my truck to shame.

but a cranked up big motor'd truck making 600-700+hp blowing through a pair of 7-8" straight bull haulers will give you goosebumps and make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end when they roll into the throttle coming up a hill.

my truck sounds GOOD if I do say so myself... but it doesn't put a semi to shame... (it does put my buddy's 600 to shame )
i hear that. we have a single straight piped 11.1L detroit 360hp - it's looooud! nothing is better than an old peterbilt 379 with a 15L cat and two 8" pipes cruising at 60mph under full load! the lower the RPM the more it vibrates everything in earshot.

Quick Reply: Sound Clips of 600 with Straight Pipe..Anyone?