3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

So, is the modded CP3 really worth the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, is the modded CP3 really worth the $$$?

Lots of talk about it but how does everyone like it that has run one for a while? I'm considering one but don't want to spend the $$$ if I'm only gonna get minimal gains. I know I'll need a 150gph FASS if I do this. So, who's got dyno numbers and/or timeslips? How does it do in daily driving? How are the pressure relief valves holding up? Is it even worth it on my truck with the turbo and injectors I'm running? I tried a boosted 4x4 launch the other day and the truck was like a rocket but w/ the MP8 on 60% and the TST on 7/4 the rail was dry quick. I'd like to remedy that..... 7/2 worked much better as I expected but 7/4 would make me happier........
Old 08-21-2006, 07:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Geeezz Dodgezilla, not happy with the 500hp you have now??

MikeyB
Old 08-21-2006, 07:56 AM

Zilla

Hey,

I have pretty much the same questions, Were the injectors much of difference in the drive of the vehicle. I just installed my silver bullet, Tim is now looking into the mitusa fuel setup and trying to decide were the money is best spent
Old 08-21-2006, 08:34 AM

so far i am happy with the cp3 from industrial,i do not run a fass pump i use to hollys in a series and works great.the pressure relief valves hold great to a point,and it seems that when using the smartythey hold 10 times better.marco must have manipulted the tables to keep the valve from opening up as low a psi.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:18 PM

Genros, you really don't feel the power from the injectors until you turn the boxes up. Other than that it raised my mpg 1 point. I like that for sure.
MikeyB, can you ever really have enough power?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:05 PM

zilla

You havent tried the helix cam yet? Im thinking that may be a good investment
Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM

No help on the CP3 but if you do upgrade to the 150 FASS let me know... I'd be interested in the 90
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

No experience with that particular pump, but I think you will greatly improve HP with the CP3 upgrade. The stack you have alone, with no injectors will drain the fuel rail. IMO you will see some pretty awesome #s. Have you ever talked to Chris @ Relentless Diesel? If not give him a shout for some advice and numbers. Hes good.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:00 PM

Piers was putting down 700~ with the stock cp3, I think ill stick with the stocker for a while....
Ill upgrade to the glacier setup, but I dont ever plan on making more than 550-600rw
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM

From what I have read, I think a cp3 is worth the money, and I plan on getting one ASAP
Old 08-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Ok maybe i can help you guys out a little, having been apart of the development of the original Floor It Diesel Modded CP3. First and foremost let me make this clear, a modified CP3 does not nor was it ever designed to increase HP what it is designed for and does an excellent job of is making sure that you have fuel when it is needed. What i mean by that is simply this, when you need the most fuel these pumps insure it is there. When you have those moments where your rail runs dry with a stock pump, these keep fuel there. Basically with out going into a TON of detail, mostly because I would rather you guys here first hand accounts from actual customers, I would like to say this of the dyno runs I have seen with a moddified pump, I have noticed not necessarily a higher peak in HP (though some have seen a little higher) but the power comes on MUCH faster and lasts MUCH longer through the power band. If you guys have specific questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, if Brady or someone from Industrial Injection watch this site and want to jump in they may be more inlightening.

Russell
Old 08-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Onestack is correct right now you are pretty much blowing air, at high fuel demand, with the CP3 you will be getting some fire. The high flow pumps are built to utilize the HP makers you currently have.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 PM

I understand that the pump is not designed to give more HP/TQ. Rather, that it is there to help the other power adders reach their potential. Having said that, if it allows me to turn the TST up higher and get more of the potential power then it is, in essence, giving me more power. Honestly, I don't know how much more power I can expect from my current setup either way. I told Timinva that I wanted to get to 500hp and I would be happy. Well, he got me there but then all you guys start putting out really high power numbers and of course I want to get a bit closer to where you are now. I didn't get the biggest turbo or injectors but I got to where I wanted to be at the time.
Thanks for the replies. I'll debate whether I want to do this in my head. My truck is plenty fast now and I don't know why but I can't seem to find anyone to race me so why do I need anymore power anyways?!?!?!?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM

Very happy with my floor it pump.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:27 PM

40 pounds

Originally Posted by OneStack
Ok maybe i can help you guys out a little, having been apart of the development of the original Floor It Diesel Modded CP3. First and foremost let me make this clear, a modified CP3 does not nor was it ever designed to increase HP what it is designed for and does an excellent job of is making sure that you have fuel when it is needed. What i mean by that is simply this, when you need the most fuel these pumps insure it is there. When you have those moments where your rail runs dry with a stock pump, these keep fuel there. Basically with out going into a TON of detail, mostly because I would rather you guys here first hand accounts from actual customers, I would like to say this of the dyno runs I have seen with a modified pump, I have noticed not necessarily a higher peak in HP (though some have seen a little higher) but the power comes on MUCH faster and lasts MUCH longer through the power band. If you guys have specific questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, if Brady or someone from Industrial Injection watch this site and want to jump in they may be more enlightening.

Russell
Maybe you can answer this question .
John recommends 40 lbs to his pump. but is there a direct relationship of output from the stage 2 pump on 40 lbs to the pump as opposed to 30lbs pounds.
To put this another way, if my pump will hold 30 lbs with out droping pressure , will I gain any benefit bumping it up to 40

Quick Reply: So, is the modded CP3 really worth the $$$?