3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Smarty SW, even or after market injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty SW, even or after market injectors?

I really like the Dec 13 release but the timing rattle at 3/4 throttle is a little bit more than I'm comfortable with. What is the difference between the regular programs even numbers and the odd numbers for after market injectors? What do the even numbers do on the after market injector switches?

Thanks all, sorry for the stupid question but searching for anything smarty gets way too much stuff.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:14 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The even numbers on any smarty file is without timing. Aftermarket injectors file has less timing than regular file due to the bigger injectors adding a little timing all on their own.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try out the aftermarket injector program. You'll sorta split the difference between the even and odd numbers.

In other words if you were running the stock injector program, 2 would have less timing than 3. However if you were to run the aftermarket injector program on 3 it should be between stock injector 2 and 3.

I'm running SW1 with aftermarket injectors and stock TM for smoke control. I really like it. SW1 is supposed to have a little more timing than the other odd number and supposed to be a mileage setting and not meant for towing. I have absolutely no timing rattle on mine. However I must say I did not try SW1 with stock injectors and mild TM

Just a note stock TM is not stock as you would expect it to be. I can still lay down a decent cloud but it clears quickly, about what you would expect from a dumptruck. The low end response with Smarty stock tm is certainly better than actual stock, just less than mild tm. I'm running an older program, I got it around September I believe. I'm really anxious to try out the newer updates from December. I'll do some research but if its as non smoky as other say I'll run mild tm!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, the after market is loaded and waiting for a DL in the morning.

Dave, before with mild #3 and a quick pedal would smoke out the joint. Now with the Dec13, moderate #3, next to zero smoke. Just a little rattlier that one would expect. But there is no rattle at idle like the pre-Dec13 program. The rattle comes on quickly at about 3/4 throttle. The smoke might not be the same as your's, the truck I'm talking about is an auto, can only lug it so much. But in general my take is way less smoke. And with the auto, the shifting is much better. Don't know how he does it, but he did good.